Controlling a device via it's IP address

I have an automated generator start system connected to my Apple Airport Extreme that I would like to connect to via it's IP address. I can connect to it at home via my browser (Safari), but would like to be able to connect to it will travelling. I have read the manual, and have tried multiple configurations to try and connect to it, but am now at a loss to figure out if this is possible.

I do not have a static IP address for my computer as I use Xplornet, which is a satelite internet connection, and each time I connect it gives me a new IP address. A satelite connection acts like a router in the sence that it has a limited number of IP addresses, and so hands out a different IP address to each of it's clients. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

@Sparverius wrote:

I have an automated generator start system connected to my Apple Airport Extreme that I would like to connect to via it's IP address. I can connect to it at home via my browser (Safari), but would like to be able to connect to it will travelling.

Are you running TeamViewer on the device you are trying control? It sounds like it has a web interface and it's behind your router\firewall. 

Do you have a computer on your home network that you could connect to with TeamViewer while traveling, and then access your device? 

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.