Desktop Background image / theme doesn't revert to original theme settings

I wanted to mention something that I think is an issue. It is mildly frustrating to myself at least. I'm using Teamviewer 14.5 and Windows 7, as far as I know this issue has been present since I've been using Teamviewer for the past few years. It has to do with when you connect to a remote computer and the option to "show blank background" is selected. After the connection session is ended, on the remote pc Teamviewer restores the previous background image BUT if that remote pc was using a theme with a slideshow of background images, it does not get restored to that original theme as was once active on that remote pc. Teamviewer seems to simply make a new temporary theme with only a single image, whichever image was being displayed at the time of connection, and that single image gets restored as the final background on that computer. It is mildly frustrating when that setting gets overwritten each time you remote in to help somebody and their settings don't get restored properly. Hopefully that is explained properly.

Augmented reality is AWESOME and Teamviewer is doing great things, but these little details will also make the already great software just that much better. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in future versions.

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• @pinkyrelli wrote:

I wanted to mention something that I think is an issue. It is mildly frustrating to myself at least. I'm using Teamviewer 14.5 and Windows 7, as far as I know this issue has been present since I've been using Teamviewer for the past few years. It has to do with when you connect to a remote computer and the option to "show blank background" is selected. After the connection session is ended, on the remote pc Teamviewer restores the previous background image BUT if that remote pc was using a theme with a slideshow of background images, it does not get restored to that original theme as was once active on that remote pc. Teamviewer seems to simply make a new temporary theme with only a single image, whichever image was being displayed at the time of connection, and that single image gets restored as the final background on that computer. It is mildly frustrating when that setting gets overwritten each time you remote in to help somebody and their settings don't get restored properly. Hopefully that is explained properly.

Augmented reality is AWESOME and Teamviewer is doing great things, but these little details will also make the already great software just that much better. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in future versions.

Thank you

Facing same issue.

• jobywan
    jobywan Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

Has this issue been fixed? I have a similar issue on our Win10 clients. When establishing the connection to a client needing support, the background on the desktop turns black. Icons are all present and work properly. I was thinking this was some kind of bandwidth saver or something. Anyway, the users sometimes call me back after support has ended, stating their background is still black (they usually have a picture set to the Background).

I'll wait for now on an answer here. Tomorrow I guess I'll need to open a new thread if noone sees this one.

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this issue!

• hkreimer
    hkreimer Posts: 1

I have the same issue as mentioned above.

I do not understand why TeamViewer does not post fixes to problems posted by users on this platform.

• bobnotblob
    bobnotblob Posts: 1 Newbie

Version 15.52.4 C

Connected to user and noticed their background was orange instead of black. I assumed since it was a solid color it was not being replaced with black like normal. After I disconnected, the user message me on MS Teams letting me know I was still connected. I confirmed I was not and asked why they thought so. She said her screen didn't change back from orange to her beautiful mountains. So Team Viewer changed the background to orange instead of black, then left it that way.

This is silly. It's time to start shopping for a commercial grade solution.