Desktop greyed out

I use TeamViewer to connect my iMac to my neighbours Mac Mini. Both machines are running Catalina 10.15.4 and TeamViewer 15.4.4445.

Until I connect both machines work normally. When I connect, the Desktop on my neighbour's machine greys out., i.e. the Desktop picture disappears. When I disconnect leaving TeamViewer running on both machines, the Desktop picture reappears. Screen Recording is checked on both machines.

Ideas please.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @leonhenry 

Thanks for your message!

Would you mind checking your TeamViewer settings whether Remove remote wallpaper is enabled under Preferences --> Settings --> Remote Control --> Under Display --> Remove remote wallpaper

Remove wallpaper.png

Please take into consideration before removing the tick box: Is there a colorful picture on the desktop?

Removing this picture might be a great idea as it would "cost" more power/bandwidth for TeamViewer to transfer all the colorful and beautiful pixels from your neighbors' mac to yours. If you want to transfer and see it: No probs and feel free to go ahead and remove the tick box!

But keep in mind: It might result in a bit slower connection.

I hope this helps you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Thank you Esther for your prompt and successful suggestion. It did not work immediately, I had to restart my TeamViewer to have an effect.

Interestingly, I had not noticed this effect when connecting to a Windows 10 machine.