Direct Connection via TeamViewer

Options

Hi,

Can you use TeamViewer to directly connect to clients? For example, we have vessels with a satellite link back to HQ, can we connect to computers on a vessel over our LAN directly using Teamviewer? 

The vessel has internet via HQ but with latency being so high remote control would be painful, however it would be quicker connecting directly via IP if thats possible? 

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Options

Hi @allank 

Thank you for your post. 

If the clients on the vessels belong to the same network, it is possible to connect to the IP addresses. 

Please read the following article to set up LAN connections via IP addresses: Can TeamViewer be used within a local network (LAN) only?

Please let mw know if there are any further questions. Hope this could help. 

Wish you a great start into the new week.

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• marreroinmaine
    marreroinmaine Posts: 1
    Options

I have a follow up question regarding using TeamViewer with a LAN connection. If I have an active subscription on the remote computer, but the computer I am using to connect to has a different subscription through my work, I cannot seem to connect via LAN without signing out of my work computer. Am I missing something? Do I even need a subscription to remote in to a computer on the same network?