Disable two factor authentication without recovery code

I am trying to do deactivate for two factor authentication because I replaced a cellphone and I cannot access the previous cellphone and also do not have the recovery code ...
can you help?

Tagged:

Comments

• MacMind
    MacMind Posts: 10 ✭✭

@maor97 

You may wish to contact TeamViewer support, and see if there is anything they can do, I'm not sure. If not, you may have start all over and re-create your TeamViewer accounts and setup as if brand new.

as per :

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Two-factor-authentication-Activation-and-Deactivation/ta-p/66

"Do not send the recovery code unencrypted via email since this could give an unauthorized user access to it. After deactivating two-factor authentication with the recovery code, you can always reactivate two-factor authentication for your user. Otherwise: Trusted Device applies automatically.

CAUTION: The two-factor authentication can not be deactivated by TeamViewer. If you lose your recovery key, you will also lose access to all TeamViewer features where your account is needed. Therefore, it must be kept in a secure place."

--

So, as this was a while back, I don't remember the exact process, so, perhaps they guided me to use a 'trusted device' to then access my recovery code, or inform me to look for it and perhaps I had forgotten that I had documented it for myself, or something like that, I'm not 100% certain, but they were very helpful and ultimately I was able to disable it, then re-enable it with a new code and securely store the recovery code in an encrypted disk image.

Oh, and I forgot to also mention, If you have documented and still have your 'recovery code': 

using the recovery code

1. Click this link to deactivate your two-factor authentication.
    2. Enter the email address and password of your TeamViewer account.
    3. Enter the recovery codethat you received during the activation process.
    4. Click the Deactivate button.