Does anyone ever answer these

If you can't get Teamviewer help  for free Teamviewer by phone, why are so many of these questions unanswered? We need help!!!

Can I connect my PC to my iPad? When I try I get a failed connection. I can go from iPad to PC but not PC to iPad.

Someone PLEASE answer these questions!

Comments

• dchbbc
    dchbbc Posts: 9 ✭✭

Thanks. I understand I don't pay for this but articles don't always answer every question and how would I know if I want to buy something if I can't get it to work for free.

I did submit a ticket last week.

I had already followed all of the steps listed, which is why I said articles alone are not enough. I attached photos to explain.

First, the help says to open the Full Teamviewer on your PC. The app says something different. It says to go to https://start.teamviewer.com/. So if I follow the video I get Protocol Negotiation Failed over and over on the app. On the PC I get, Unable to Connect Reason Unknown AND an ad for Amazon Gift Card!!!!!, every time.  My PC Teamviewer doesn't even have the VPN option that it shows in the "How To". When I do connect my app doesn't have the TEAMVIEWER option like it shows only Screen Broadcast and Start Broadcast. So after I allow connection all I can do is Chat.

All of this is marked in my attached pictures. It doesn't help to have the help guides if they don't follow the product or if they don't work. I could be a tech person too if all I had to do was give people links. That's what I get from help desks from all different products, even one's I'm paying for help. They send you links because they don't know any more than me.

I know it's not your fault. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.Inkedteam1_LI.jpgteam 2.jpgteam1.jpgteam3.jpgteam111.jpg

• dchbbc

Thanks. ....Yes, that was on my phone but I tried it on the iPad with the same results. I was too lazy to walk and get the iPad.....I have downloaded the version 14, I attached a picture.....I guess if you could tell me all of this, why don't they just state that all in their help pages? It would save a lot of time. It must be different now because I've always had the free version for years and I have called and received help in the past....It doesn't matter anyway. I didn't have a real use for that feature. I was just trying it...

Since you know way more than me, on the free version, is it possible to transfer files if I'm on my iphone/ipad and I want a file that is on my PC? Going from my office PC to my Kitchen PC I can transfer files but not with the iPhone/iPad.

Thanks again.gkgk.jpg

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @dchbbc

Thank you for posting.

You can connect from PC to Mobile or Mobile to Mobile with a free licnese.

With regards to featuers for free license, please read this post to get more information.

Finally, I would like to thank @Closed account for your huge contribution in this post. much appriciated.

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • dchbbc

I’m not sure if this got deleted so I’ll ask again.......

Since you know way more than me, on the free version, is it possible to transfer files if I'm on my iphone/ipad and I want a file that is on my PC? Going from my office PC to my Kitchen PC I can transfer files but not with the iPhone/iPad.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi all,

As Craigar52 has closed his account and I can no longer PM him, I would just like to clarify that no posts were removed by myself or our Moderation team.

If we DO ever delete a post, we will always message the user advising them we have done so.

The message that Craigar52 referred to is above. This was automatically moved to our SPAM quarantine due to the link inside the post. If this is done, the post will appear in your profile as "Pending Approval"

We try to check this once every few hours. If Craigar52 can read this, I apologise for any confusion.

-Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • dchbbc

Maybe a moderator can clarify for me. I guess I’m not explaining or asking correctly.

what I want to do is log in on my iPhone or iPad to the teamviewer app, not the quick support app. Then I’d like to access my pc that has the full teamviewer on it and copy a file from my pc to my phone or transfer a photo from my phone to my pc. Is that possible?

the file box works for me from pc to pc but nothing happens when I’m on my phone and drag a photo on the pc to the file box.