Double Click instead of Single

HI, I have just started using Team Viewer (free version) and when I am using remote access, everything seems to double click even though I am only single clicking...as you can imagine this creates much frustration and makes it nearly impossible to use. Any ideas why? Thank you.

Best Answers

Answers

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Are you running TeamViewer via an RDP session or running an RDP session via TeamViewer? That is the only time I have experianced this.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • jknorman
    jknorman Posts: 5

Okay I have TM installed on my home computer and I am accessing it remotely from my laptop. When I click (from my laptop) a single click, it responds as though I have double clicked. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help you can give!

• bartlanz

I would try updating the drivers for the mouse and maybe the system firmware. Without actually having that system, I am not sure I'd be able to do more than that. If you are a paid customer, I would definately recomend contacting support.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • jknorman

I have updated the mouse and also tried it on differrent browsers, same results.  And no unfortunately I'm using the free version. I've used other remote applications before and haven't had this problem so I'm at a loss. Thank you1

• bartlanz

Ok, So you just mentioned different browsers... is that where you are doing the clicking or is that where you are accessing TeamViewer from?

Case A:

TeamViewer running on remote machine, You remote into it from TeamViewer on your Computer and are browsing the web on the remote machine using web browser

Case B:

TeamViewer running on remote machine, You remote into it from TeamViewers website using the web browswer on your computer.

Which of these are you doing?

Bart Lanzillotti
  • jknorman

Well not sure I completely understand the question, but I think I'm doing both? So Team Viewer is running on my home desktop. I am away and on my laptop and using the Team Viewer Management Console (have done this through Chrome and Firefox), I log in and  access my home computer. It comes up and when I click on things, anything, with a single click, it is actually double clicking. So for example if I am in email (on my home desktop) and when I single click something it takes it as a double click. It also happens in other programs and browsers. It's not happening when I am just using my laptop for other things...so I know it's not the mouse/laptop setup...the mouse operation on my laptop (when not accesing remotely with Team Viewer) is working fine. Hope that makes sense! Thanks for any insight you may have.

• bartlanz

Any chance you could mark the post that wsa most helpful as the solution instead of your own. This will help other users who experiance the same issue find a soution faster.

Bart Lanzillotti