Doubts to implement service

Hello Dear,

First of all, I apologize for the language. I do not know how to speak English very well - or almost nothing being more sincere yet - so I turned to the Translator. I hope you make me understand.

As I have many difficulties related to Teamviewer, and without Local Support (Brazil) I took the liberty of opening this Topic.

I do this, a lot in the face of three situations that currently prevent me from fully implementing the tool in our company. These three situations did not know exactly how to move apart or not. As I see very much, it is about the role of the Administrator and the Administrator of the Company, I did it together.

So, I organize it below and I'll forward it, but to help me, but to tell me where to go, so that we can complete this implementation process as quickly and efficiently as we know what the tool has.

Are they:

1) Policy

We realize that in order to actually implement Teamviewer in our park, ideally we can create a "QuickSupport", which makes it easier not only to distribute but also to operate on the part of the user.

It happens that when creating "QuickSupport", develop and implement relevant policies, it is verified that if I have two owners creating, there is possibility of having then, two different configurations.

In order not to have this error, we even thought to make available via internal website, to centralize the "QuickSupport" you want.

In this way, my doubt is:

First - If this evaluation is correct. If the Policy Developer and the Owner must necessarily be the same, lest such already-reported differences occur.

And if there is any kind of help for the treatment and permission of the groups.

2) Question regarding Groups

The created groups do not belong to Corporation but to the user? When a user creates a group in the Management Console, it is not automatically available to all Support users, but only if shared.

Guidance is a user with only Administrator profile to create groups, add rules, groups, log in to the software, anyway, be responsible for the Console?

3) Adding Computers

After adding Computers, it is also not available to all other users who support. How do you make this happen for everyone?

When you edit it, the Advanced tab displays the message: "Not all custom fields have been defined. You can create them in the administration menu of your company or ask your administrator for help."

Well, finally, I hope you made me understand. I am at your disposal for any doubts that may arise.

Thank you very much

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @tcboeira,

Thank you very much for the detailed post. 

I try to answer in the same structure: 

1) Policy
    You can assign policies only to locally installed TeamViewer versions like a Host module or the full version. The "QuickSupport" module is not suitable in this case. The creator of the host modul under "Design & Deploy" should be the same like the one who wants to manage the devices. The owner of the devices has the possibility to assign a policy to the relevant devices. It does not matter who is the owner of the policy. 

Find more detailed information for Policies here

2) Question regarding Groups
    As you already mentioned, a group only belongs to the user who created it and not automatically to all company members. For this purpose, you can create a "Admin user", that uses a general email address. With this general email address, you manage the users in the "User Management" or create groups and share these groups with all company members. It is further not possible to restict company members to create theit own groups in their own TeamViewer accounts. 

Find more detailed information for Group Sharing here

3) Adding Computers

The information "Custom Device Information" is not visible for the users with whom you shared the groups. They currently have just the possibiliy to see and set these information for devices in their own groups. 

Find more detailed information for Custom Device Information here and for Advanced Device Grouping here

I really hope my answer could help you. Please let me know, if you have any further questions or if my descriptions are not clear enough! :) 

Have a nice day and all the best, 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• First of all, I apologize ... An error occurred at the time of the posting and should have occurred. As for your answer ... Wow ...

Thanks for the return Natascha,

Very enlightening your answers, and also bring me a huge new field to be redesigned. Honestly, this implementation model is so far different from what I've seen. And it is very good, because it helps to renew the way of seeing.

1) So how about the policies: In front of everything you said, I realize that the best option is to create a host module and implement it on all the target machines in my network. In this Host module, I define the policies according to my needs to each target group. It is possible? I ask based on the explanation below ...

2) As for the groups and their properties, I realized that yes, we will choose to use the "Admin user", and then yes, document. Just the role and difference between the "Administrator" and the "Company Administrator" has not been clear to me yet.

I still have doubts about how to operate since I have a network, with approximately two to three teams for Support, which serve different clients each with specific needs.

Example:

Group A, connects to equipment without users at the tip;
    Group B, connects equipment from external networks to ours; and
    Group C, - which I belong to - Supporting every company, external, internal, including Groups A and B.

I hope I have been able to exemplify this better!

If I can not restrict company members from creating their own groups in "their own TeamViewer accounts", is there any way for me to have insight into all the groups created? I ask for management purposes and keep the console as clean as possible?

For it is not yet clear where they reflect the changes made in "User Management / Edit User / Permissions".

3) Finally, reading and reviewing issues around the addition of computers, devices and users ... Adding via AD, using Teamviewer AD Integration, makes it easy to organize within the Teamviewer Console, either for operation or for Support?

Well, I conclude this by saying that's what's missing to start implementing Teamviewer around here. Renovo grateful for the attention given in his response, not forgetting to cite just how enlightening it was.

Thank you very much