Posted by John54
Digon

Drag and Drop file transfer/copy between Macs

I see PC users talking about Drag & Drop for transferring files between PCs. Does this work on Mac Teamviewer? I can't get it to work. I'm a new user trying to copy small files between my Mac and the one I'm supporting remotely. I can't seem to find an easy way to do this without a lot of changes to my workflow.

Related to this, I've tried to use the File Transfer popup in the center of the remote control window's title bar and I can't figure out how to select a source or destination on an external drive. All I see is my /Users/John folder and a single "/" labeled as type Root. And that only takes me inside my main System Folder. The interface in TeamViewer is not a normal Mac-style open/save dialog box. How do I get to other volumes?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by richwhite
Henagon

Re: Drag and Drop file transfer/copy between Macs

I requested drag and drop for mac os back in November of 2014 so I don't think they are putting any effort into this...
Highlighted
Posted by JohnD
Trigon

Re: Drag and Drop file transfer/copy between Macs

@John54 wrote:

Related to this, I've tried to use the File Transfer popup in the center of the remote control window's title bar and I can't figure out how to select a source or destination on an external drive. All I see is my /Users/John folder and a single "/" labeled as type Root. And that only takes me inside my main System Folder. The interface in TeamViewer is not a normal Mac-style open/save dialog box. How do I get to other volumes?

FWIW, I hope the macOS client gets drag and drop file transfer in the future too...the current system is impossibly clunky and crazy slow to populate large folders on either the Host or the Controller.

As a very late answer your question (for those that may come across this in a search), in macOS you can go to "/Volumes" and that will show you all mounted volumes of all kinds, including external (network, USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt, etc) and internal (including the boot volume).  "/" just shows you the root directory of the boot volume.