Either your partner isn't connected to the internet or your partner's TeamViewer isn't running yet.

I'm recently getting this message when i try to connect to another computer on TV "Either your partner isn't connected to the internet or your partner's TeamViewer isn't running yet."... any suggestions on how to fix this? I've been using TV for years with no issues until now.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @vmconrad,

Thank you for your post.

As the message shows that: Either your partner isn't connected to the internet or your partner's TeamViewer isn't running yet. Can you kindly check  for the internet connection and TeamViewer is working fine for remote connections please.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • The error message is not correct. Please let me know what to do to resolve this issue asap.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @vmconrad,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to assist you with a possible solution, can you kindly provide more information on the connection settings please. On the other hand, can you kindly check the internet ports on both sides of connection please, and make sure that the ports are available and open.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Ying_Q   

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Can you please explain what 'connection settings' you're referring to and provide instructions on how exactly how to see if the ports are open?

• Any additional movement on this issue? I've been dealing with the same issue where it'll work one minute then the next it'll kick me off for a period of time then allow me back in. There does not seem to be any consistent pattern. I'm not sure what is causing the issue.

• haskovec
    haskovec Posts: 1

I had to get a new computer and was trying to get TV up and running. From my new computer I can see all my other ones, but from this is the only one I can not see my new computer. I can use TV to go to another computer and I can see all of them so I know the internet is on and it is working. Any suggestions on how to get this machine to see my new one. Thanks

• I have this issue found on yesterday. It was running prefect till last Friday. When I was tried to remote my office PC. It was just connecting.......but not success. Today, when I was back to office, it was still not working. But, when I connected my PC via WiFi, everthing was working properly. However, this was not working when I used back the complany wire network (this netwrok could access to internet when using web browser). Anything got wrong?

• In my case the internet connection at the other end is establised because my colleagues are able to connect with their machines. so can you please help me out of this problem?

hope you and your dear ones are safe at the

@Ying_Q wrote:

Hi @vmconrad,

In order to assist you with a possible solution, can you kindly provide more information on the connection settings please. On the other hand, can you kindly check the internet ports on both sides of connection please, and make sure that the ports are available and open.

Regards

Ying_Q   

other end!

@Ying_Q wrote:

Hi @vmconrad,

Regards

Ying_Q   

• hope you are sorted with this issue. In my case the internet connection at the other end is establised because my colleagues are able to connect with their machines. so can you please help me out of this problem?

@jtruong11 wrote:

Any additional movement on this issue? I've been dealing with the same issue where it'll work one minute then the next it'll kick me off for a period of time then allow me back in. There does not seem to be any consistent pattern. I'm not sure what is causing the issue.

• May 4, 2020

I use TV to connect to family & friends in Toronto, Canada from my location in L.A. The family friend just finished installing TV adn we are emailing each other every 5 minutes while trying to resolve, but I keep getting the msg that her side is not on the Internet when it obviously is. She uses ethernet connection while I am high speed WiFi.

btw: The family friend is on Windows 8.1 (while I use Windows 10) and recently had her laptop serviced by Geek Squad.

• Pwntendo
    Pwntendo Posts: 1

I am getting this error after TeamViewer attempts to re-launch in elevated mode on the client when logging in with the optional WIndows admin credentials mode. It appears the TeamViewer never gets re-launched.

Unable to connect

"Either your partner isn't connect to the internet or your partner's TeamViewer isn't running yet."

"Please tell your partner to check his/her internet connection or to start TeamViewer."

**bleep** to **bleep** :(

• Hi

I had this problem with my parent's pc, which has been very frustrating

Eventually when a younger member of family was able to visit we found out that their partern id had changed - we have no idea why or when but once I used their new partner id I could connect - but when it was really needed during lockdown could not use

• sumifru
    sumifru Posts: 1

Hi,

We have this issue with all our remote computers and can only be solved by restarting the computer. Defeats the purpose of remote working as we do not know when the restart may be required and someone needs to be present to do the restart.

Any solutions for this? 

We have 10 licensed users having this issue on and off  invariably on mondays. We are on Windows 10. 

• Gerali
    Gerali Posts: 1

I get exactly the same message. TV was working fine with a particular computer, used it often, then from one day to the other it stopped working an giving me that untrue message. Nothing changed on either computer. It still works the other way around. Reinstalled TV on both sides, no change.

TV works well on other PC´s, just not that one.

• ld3232
    ld3232 Posts: 1

anything besides the ports and connection settings which was never explained how to obtain them. The person the other computer shows that they are connected but then I try to connect to them, it says they are not connect or do not have their team view open. How does that make sense?

• rachelcenter
    rachelcenter Posts: 1 Newbie

I have this issue too. I could've swore I setup everything properly at home. And on the road I get this same error as everyone else writing in. Internet definitely works at my house right now because if it didnt, I'd be getting alerts on my phone to tell me otherwise.