Highlighted
Posted by nutella5600
Henagon

Error "The screen cannot be captured at the moment..." when attempting to view multiple monitors

I am trying to connect to a Mac (with two monitors) on my local network from a Windows 10 PC. I can view one monitor at a time just fine but when I attempt to view multiple monitors at the same time, I get the following error:  

The screen cannot be captured at the moment. This is probably due to fast user switching or a disconnected/minimized Remote Desktop Session.

I've already made sure I have no Remote Desktop sessions active.

6 Replies
Posted by MUSTAR20192
Henagon

Re: Error "The screen cannot be captured at the moment..." when attempting to view multipl

I'm faceing same issue. on win10.

The screen cannot be captured at the moment. This is probably due to fast user switching or a disconnected/minimized Remote Desktop Session.

Posted by yio
Photon

Re: Error "The screen cannot be captured at the moment..." when attempting to view multipl

same issue win 8.1

Posted by BBB_MN_ND
Henagon

While I don't have a multi-monitor setup I was receiving the same error message while trying to access a server.  The message would show up and kind of flicker like it was refreshing quickly.  Try adding this line to the host machine's registry using an elevated command prompt:

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer /v DisableDuplicationAPI /d 1 /t REG_DWORD

Posted by marocnd
Photon

Any movement to this problem?

This still appears to be a problem on the latest build. I am trying to connect to a MAC from a Windows 10 machine.

Anyone figure out how to solve this yet?

Posted by hellothere
Electron

Also receiving this problem when trying to access a Mac (that also has 2 monitors) from a Windows 10 computer.  Any solutions?  

Posted by rha
Electron

Re: Any movement to this problem?

I rolled back to teamviewer 11 for now and it works OK again