Error: teamviewer doesn't support moving devices containing custom fields data

Received this message that I've never seen before.  I was trying to move a new client that was set up to their proper group, but TV won't allow me to move it.  I know of no custom fields.

Comments

• dgp71
    dgp71 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Yes me too. Reported to them days ago. They said was a bug. 

• Is there a fix yet? I am also having this issue after updating to TeamViewer 14. 

Cheers

• dgp71

Just silence sadly. After moving up to the corporate version, we allowed machines to auto update, not realising that it would auto update to a BETA version of 14, which we now know has issues. Not on really.

• Same here. Even on the web client. They don't have custom fields.. No idea how to even set custom fields...

Screenshot 2018-11-01 15.33.16.png

• me too....

still happening 3 Nov.... very annoying that i can't move new teamviewer installs from My Computer to the actual group it should be in

• We haven't updated to 14 yet... Having the same issue with a new client of ours on version 13.
  • Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Same problem. This is having an impact on productivity. We share groups with specific users and we are not able to populate the groups.

no_support_for_custom_fields.PNG

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Chiron

I am having the same problem on the Management Console, but I can populate groups from the version 14 client. @deloreandude pointed this out on Custom Fields and Advanced Device Grouping

This works from the version 14 client on Windows and Linux, but not with older versions.

TVGroupFail.PNG

• Gisbourne
    Gisbourne Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yes, we're also having the same issue and is preventing moving machines into shared groups which again hampers productivity.

• FrankNicklin
    FrankNicklin Posts: 6 ✭✭

-

• dgp71

If somebody from Teamviewer were to acknowledge that would be a start?

• FrankNicklin
    FrankNicklin Posts: 6 ✭✭

Don't hold your breathe.

• Chiron

You can check Twitter, but even that is getting stale.

@TeamViewer on Twitter@TeamViewer on Twitter

• Since updating to 14 we are having issues not being able to move devices. When is this going to be fixed?

• SSpt
    SSpt Posts: 1

Too many days to fix the problem.

I have version 13.2.26558 Corporate

• Hi,

We have the same issue, but it works if you use the thick client to move the players - not the web GUI.

Hope this helps until TeamViewer can fix the bug.

• Is there a fix?
  • Jessica1987
    Jessica1987 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I tested it today and still cant move computers !!

• dgp71

So I can confirm you can in fact drag the computer into the group using the program. However it only seems to allow it if both groups and the computer have all been created by the same user. Any that my colleague has made one of the groups, it will not let him do.

Also you still have to go to the web page to apply the policy for the group once it is moved.

So while it is ok as a workaround for now, it is causing alot more work for us here.

• Chiron

This may be fixed.

I haven't seen an error yet today.

• dgp71

Seems even worse for me now, when I try to drag a computer, it highlights every single group and nothing happens when I drop it anywhere.

• I think I've found a workaround.

In Management Console, I went into the properties for the device I wanted to move.  I wrote down the TeamViewer ID for reference and then deleted the device.

The deleted device then shows up in my Unnamed Devices group. I selected the device having the same TeamViewer ID and right-clicked to select Add computer to group.  It opened the device properties and I renamed it back to its original name and set the group to the one I wanted.

This seems to have worked and had no unintended side effects that I can see right now.  It appears to have kept its connection activity information and I can connect to it properly.

• jpro
    jpro Posts: 1

Open web mgmt console - Search for teamviewer ID - Delete machine - Add machine back in and assign proper group.