Posted by BenDice
Henagon

Error trying to connect - says I need a commercial license

Hello,

I have two computers. One desktop and a laptop. Yesterday I tried to remotely connect to my desktop but was given an error saying that commercial use has been detected. The exact warning, "This app seems to be used in commercial environments. Your session will end within 5 minutes."

I don't understand. I'm not a systems admin running multiple machines. How can I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Re: Error trying to connect - says I need a commercial license

Hi @gideonse and @BenDice,

Thank you for you message.

If you think TeamViewer has mistakely marked your device usage and you would like to reset your TeamViewer ID, please fill in the form for reset request.

If you are interested in purchasing TeamViewer license, feel free to contact TeamViewer sales team for more information please.

Hope the information above will be helpful to you.

Regards

Ying_Q

View solution in original post

2 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by gideonse
Photon

I am having the exact same problem. I am just using TeamViewer to communicate between my home desktop and my personal laptop. And TeamViewer won't even let me submit a support ticket -- every time I click on "Contact Support" it just takes me to the community forums. I guess they really don't want our business?

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

If you think TeamViewer has mistakely marked your device usage and you would like to reset your TeamViewer ID, please fill in the form for reset request.

If you are interested in purchasing TeamViewer license, feel free to contact TeamViewer sales team for more information please.

Hope the information above will be helpful to you.

Regards

Ying_Q

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

@Ying_Q wrote:

Your "Reset Form" is BROKEN though.  It has been broken for WEEKS now.  And no one at TV seems willing and/or ABLE to fix the problem.

You know, it may be "free" users having all these issues, but if the program, and it's so-called "support" structure is so broken, does not encourage people to buy a subscription for whatever extra/bonus features it might give us.

Posted by dautreuil3
Photon

+1 to jelabarre59

I was on the fence about being a sub, and this just turned me  off completely. Not a good look at all.