File Transfer from Network Drive

Hi

On Teamviewer's File Transfer, I can see the Network Drives in the Drive list, but on another computer, the Network Drives do not appear at all, only Local Drives; this is on version 15.5.3

-- any ideas what the problem / solution could be ?

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Kristo 

Local networks maybe splitted in more than one subnetwork and this could be by ip address+subnet mask dependent, can be by differet windows settings dependent like public or private network. Also could be in different network name.

You can find them in Windows newtwork preferences/settings and in computer properties as well. 

Best regards

• Kristo
    Kristo Posts: 2

Hi, thanks for your response.  I'm not sure what you meant by splitted ?

My subnet masks are all default values and network devices are all set to private.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi 

Split means that you may have virtual subnetworks depending on IP and subnet mask, but this can happen by assign manual IP address or by a managed network switch depending again on manual configuration, but I think in your case is not happening. 

If you have al set to automatic and the private network that is joined all are to the same private network and not separate, then there is an option in network settings that enables the computer to be detectable within the network and this also is valid for the shared folders and printers of this computer. If this is not enabled by the user, it will not be detectable in the network.

You can see in these related links what I meant:

Best regards