File transfer stuck calculating

Using TeamViewer File transfer between Win10 and MacOS Catalina - shows file systems on both sides but transfer in either direction stuck in job queue with "cacluating" and no bytes every transfered.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @michael00543 

Could you please upload a couple of screenshots (please hide ID & passwd) for making it simpler to understand?

Thank you in advance and best regards

• Can't get the image upload to work properly here. The screen shot is pretty simple, there is a little box outline in the job queue window with a folders icon, the filename and in the bottom right corner the words "calculating".

I've tried restarting the file transfer connection and it makes no difference.

I am able to do a remote control connection OK.

• Forgot to add that if I reconnect and try to copy a file I get an error modal box "Error: (123) The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." with option to skip or cancel. After that attempting to transfer produces the "calculating" result.

• It appears the problem was a '-' character in the folder name on the MacOS side.

• Same problem is occurring again - this time there are no hypen characters/symbols. I also cannot transfer files that transferred successfully in the past. Same issue where the transfer is stuck "calculating".

Evidently I "fixed" it before with some pattern or random luck I am unable to discern or reproduce again.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

I'd like to please upload some screenshots from Mac's side when this is happening and from the remote side also (what you see on the screen) with as many details you can take. Please hide ID & password.

Also, write the version of TeamViewer and of macOS you are using and if you have installed any kind of monitoring app or system improvement app.

I'll be waiting for the update.

Best regard

• Excuse please late reply - file transfer is working again.

I don't understand how this could matter, but fwiw when file transfers started failing anew, I had started the process from "Files & Extras in the panel in the remote mac mini window, hence reusing the existing connection. The transfers were failing in this process. But when I then started a File Transfer process from the TeamViewer process the transfers worked.

I have not investigated further since it is working again for now.