Fixed remote cursor shape Windows 10

Hi,

since I upgraded my PC to windows 10, when I connect on it using my laptop (running W7), the remote cursor is always an arrow, even if I move the cursor close to the border of a window.

Only if I click, I can see the cursor shape changing to a double arrow, showing the next action will reshape the window. (so I have to clixk several times until I find the correct location :( )

I could not find anything similar reported on the Web. I 've just upgraded to TeamViewer v13, both sides, and the problem is still there. This is actually pretty annoying to go back to several years behavior when we had a unique cursor shape in Windows !

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mrorpheus
    Mrorpheus Posts: 10

OK I found a fix, goto 'settings/ease of access/mouse' then toggle on 'use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen' - Voila you get your resize mouse pointer back! 

• mraskin
    mraskin Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi,

indeed, I do not have a mouse/keyboard always connected to this PC as I share the ones I have on the Laptop ... Indeed, connecting the Mouse/KB did the trick !

Thanks for this very useful findings ! :manvery-happy:

• mraskin

@Mrorpheuswrote:

OK I found a fix, goto 'settings/ease of access/mouse' then toggle on 'use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen' - Voila you get your resize mouse pointer back! 

Hi,

I could not find the settings/ease of access/mouse you are talking about. In which tool do you select it from ?

Thanks.

• Mrorpheus

Go to your windows bar (press the windows key), then select settings (just above the power button) or right click the windows button and select settings, these are your windows settings, then select ease of access, then mouse.

this is for windows 10.

hope it helps.

• mraskin

@Mrorpheuswrote:

Go to your windows bar (press the windows key), then select settings (just above the power button) or right click the windows button and select settings, these are your windows settings, then select ease of access, then mouse.

this is for windows 10.

hope it helps.

Hi,

thanks, I've tried this but unless I had a mouse connected to this remote computer, I could not get the cursor back. So really looks like the real fix is to not unplug the mouse on the remote PC. I may just plug a basic wired mouse at the back that I won't use but for getting the correct cursor. The caveat is a small increase on power consumption but should be negligeable. :manlol:

Interestingly this occured with w10. I did not have this problem when the remote PC was runing w7

Regards.

• Mrorpheus

That's strange, I don't have a mouse connected and I get the mouse cursor and resize window cursors, (with the accesibility feature turned on).

Anyway if it's working, that's a fine enough fix.

• Yes exactly! Just open up a session with the remote machine and go in Device Manager and disable the mouse unit.

• I had the same error, but it happened because I've intentionally clicked here; then you have to re clik in connect:

Please follow the instructios:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qZlfpmRgN4D0gebU8gsiQB__nFuNUX2y2GmjdP_EJIc/edit?usp=sharing