Fraudulent Purchase Still Being Pursued

My credit card was defrauded and used to purchase Teamviewer, a piece of software I'd heretofore not heard of and have no use for. I already disputed the purchase with my credit card company, which investigated and acknowledged as fraud, replacing my card in the process. Somehow, Teamviewer didn't get the memo that a fraudulent transaction is a fraudulent transaction, kept the license going, and has my information on hand to demand payment, going so far as to claim that they will proceed to collections for something I never bought. Where is the actual support contact information to stop this harrassment, which should have been handled when my bank marked this purchase as fraud?

P.S. The letter received claims that this is the second payment reminder, even though I never received a first. If the identity thief was the first recipient, perhaps it would be nice if Teamviewer would be so kind as to inform the authorities of their location.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @defrauded,

Thanks for your post.

I heard that you spoke to one of my colleagues and I hope that everything is resolved now.

Thanks and all the best,

Esther

Former Community Manager