Free Version times out after 5 minutes

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Free Version times out after 5 minutes

I used the free TeamViewer for years to remotely assist my mother with her Windows computer and Android tablet. Since the last update (15.6.7) I get the following message when I connect: "Your current TeamViewer plan does not include connections to customized TeamViewer modules. Your session will therefore be terminated after a short time. Please upgrade to a higher plan to use this functionality." It will connect me to the computer, but it times out and stops about 5 minutes later. How do I correct this? 

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling TeamViewer as one person suggested but that did not fix the problem. Despite what TeamViewer says, it seems like they're trying to force me into purchasing a $49/month business license to support a single family member..

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

TeamViewer plan upgrade required

I get the below message when I try to connect to my new laptop from my office pc which is downstairs in the family room next to my old laptop which I can connect to successfully with no message, why now with just the new laptap?

TeamViewer plan upgrade required

Your current TeamViewer plan does not include connections to customized TeamViewer modules.  Your session will therefore be terminated after a short time.  Please upgrade to a higher plan to use this functionality.

How can this be corrected to work?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Free Version times out after 5 minutes

As a workaround I uninstalled version 15.4.7, restarted my computer, and installed a previous version I downloaded previous 14.x.x version (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/?_ga=2.**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs*...).. Problem solved.

Recently, I ended up with the next 15.x.x update and the problem seems to have been fixed.