Host module and RAM usage

Hi All,

we've been using TeamViewer for just about a year now to remote service our Beckhoff pcs in the field. As we need a vpn connection every once in a while we had to install the host modules on the Beckhoff pcs, otherwise the quicksupport module would have been sufficient. Per default the Pcs arent connected to the www (The www is activated when necessary)The problem we have is that the host module slowly uses up more and more RAM until the pc complains about low memory and dies(it this case the host was using 1.5GB of RAM) The ram usage seems to be worse when the pc doesn't have a www connection.  The  PCs have limited RAM (3GB). To solve this we removed  the autostart of the host and start it manually when necessary.  Question: Is there any setting to improve this or will the Quick support module support vpn one day? 

May thanks,

James 

Tagged:

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi @looker44

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we do not have fixed IP addresses and so do not have a list of this type to provide sorry.

From our Security page
    "The TeamViewer software makes connections to our master servers located around the world. These servers use a number of different IP address ranges, which are also frequently changing. As such, we are unable to provide a list of our server IPs. However, all of our IP addresses have PTR records that resolve to *.teamviewer.com. You can use this to restrict the destination IP addresses that you allow through your firewall or proxy server.

Having said that, from a security point-of-view this should not really be necessary – TeamViewer only ever initiates outgoing data connections through a firewall, so it is sufficient to simply block all incoming connections on your firewall and only allow outgoing connections over port 5938, regardless of the destination IP address."

I am sorry I cannot provide an IP list as requested.

All the best,
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • joshblue
    joshblue Posts: 1

Allow Germany and Hong Kong. Worked for us