Getting customers to feel comfortable using remote support

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Community,

as you know, we are always curious to learn more from you, and I would like to take the chance to ask you to share some insights here in the community.

Today´s topic is customer relationships:

What do you say to your customers to help them feel comfortable with the idea of remote support?

Please share your experiences and best practices in this thread with us :-)

I am looking forward to your comments.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

Comments

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi,

Usually it is the cost of assistance in determining the preference, this at least the first time.

The price for the site support is X ... remote assistance Y.
    Performed the first remote support, he will be encouraged to request it for later ones.

Then the security to receive a nearly immediate support.

Quite complicated to explain the risks connected to the link, and the technical details of how the same happens.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Esther

Hi Domenico,

Thank you for sharing :-)

Really interesting, that the lower price is one of the main reasons to choose remote support. But price is always an important factor. And speed as well. Especially in urgent situations is the speed of getting assistance crucial.

Anyone else with the same or different experiences?

Thanks,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Usually once we offer Teamviewer support, it is at the same time the only viable option for further supporting the user. We make this clear and if the express concerns about the safety of their data we explain that the user can monitor all steps we perform and he can abbort the session at any time. Basically we ensure the user that he keeps the control of everything, even when he gives us the permission to remote control ones computer.

• Esther

Hi @inkredible

Thank you for sharing.

I think, you are pointing out an important fact, that the customer can always see everything the supporter is doing and that the customer can stop a running session at any point of time.

Have you ever had a customer, who denied "remote control" and asked for "View and show" option (Menu - Advanced - Show advanced options - Advanced settings for connections to other computers - Access control - View and show)?

Or anyone else with this or another experience?

I am looking forward to your thoughts!

Esther

Former Community Manager