Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Photon

Have I Been Using TeamViewer Wrong All These Years?

Greetings, 

I am the go to tech guy for my friends and family.  Over the years I have installed Teamviewer on every machine that I've worked on to allow for remote fixes instead of a forced physical visit. I just installed it on another machine and realized that since I installed the full client it did allow me to remote in at any time...BUT THIS ALSO ALLOWS any of these end users to remote in to anyone else's machines.. 

Yes, I just found out about Teamviewer Host so I guess I should have installed that on their machines instead of the full account and signing myself into it. 

However... 

I tried playing around with the console, security settings and what not but as it is now, with my Teamviewer account signed in t these machines is there no way to FORCE a password prompt for a password at each remote connect request even tho the machines are in my computer list? 

i.e. teamviewer installed and signed in with my teamviewer account on 8 machines.  From any any computer that I'm my teamviewer account is signed into, If I try to remote connect to any computer in my computer list I want it to prompt me for a password each and every time a remote connect attempt is made. 

PLEASE ADVISE

uNo