Have commercial licence by iPad says using free licence

Hi, I have a commercial licence that is used from various devices, however in the past few days I have attempted to provide remote support from my ipad and have seen the old "you are using this in a commercial environment" message, then I am immediatley booted from the remote session before it even connects.  This is frustrating as I have paid for a licence and am logged into teamviewer with the same account that works perfectly from a desktop.  Please advise what I can do to fix this.

Comments

• Hi was this resolved?

I have the same problem and when I called the "support line" waited for 20 minutes and then got cut off

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi davegarrett17,

Thank you for posting.

According to your account, you reached to our support team and solve the issue.

However, we apologize that you had waited for long time to reach to us. 

Please feel free to post or contact us if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Definitely not resolved. Been months and my mobile devices still seem to think they have a free license and I get almost immediately disconnected. I’ve also logged a support ticket to which I’ve had no response at all. I’ve checked my account and when I login on the web it says free license but when I login to the app on my computer it says business. I think this has something to do with the automatic renewal and application of new license by teamviewer. Very very frustrating considering the cost for a license.
  • Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi wedwards,

Thank you for posting.

Unfortunately we cannot answer specific questions about your account in the community.

Please contact our support team or submit a ticket from here so that we can assist you.

However I would also like you to visit this article in order to activate your license to your IOS device.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Hope this information will be helpful for you.

Best regards, 

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • I have since had this resolved.  Essentially what I had to do was to assign a licence to my ipad.  The problem I have is that most modern tech support people have a phone, ipad, computer at office, laptop for working on the move (4 devices at least - I even have a second ipad at home, making 5 devices), however teamviewer only allows a maximum of 3 licences to be allocated to devices at any one time (without upgrading and paying even more money for an already expensive service).  This is very 1990s and is making me consider other products.  The alternative is that I have to revoke one of the licences so I can assign to another mobile device before I can provide tech support, which is usually going to be in an emergency situation.  This is not ideal by any means.  Hopefully teamviewer will relax this ridiculous limitation soon, or I will have to look elsewhere.