Host desktop vanishes randomly On Windows 10

nickrobinson
nickrobinson Posts: 5
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have been trying to work from home. I have a two-monitor setup at work, so I have replicated it at home. Everything seems to work okay, the trouble I'm having is that the desktop on the host computer vanishes and it appears randomly at the start of the session.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi 

Have you tried to update it in the latest version of the app?

Could you please upload some screenshots when this happens ()please hide the ID & password).

Best regards

• Thanks for your help, but I could not wait to get it sorted out. Working with two monitors there are a few issues which need to be addressed to make the software be the number one app for working from home. Not very clear how to get the multi-display to be initiated: as you click on the two monitors icon top right of the screen nothing happens, you have to manually drag the new window to the other screen and that is when sometimes more times than not that the desktop of the remote host vanishes and there is no way of getting back to it. Perhaps a glitch or a lack of correct user information to make it work. I've gone back to opening screens in tabs which works okay though it does not help you work productively from home as if you were in the office. Your software is really good, but getting help is slow and the help available online is hard to find because it is not labelled properly which makes it hard to find. My experience on the phone was terrible: 15 min to talk to an operator who says he is putting me through to a technician and the line just went dead after about a minute.

Thank for taking an interest in my problem.

kind regards,

Nick

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

There are many ways to manage an app, In order to have it open in a specific monitor in dual monitors setup.

One is to press together the Win-key + Shift + Enter after moving the app to the corresponding monitor.

The other is to make use of a monitor manager app like the UltraMon and of course, there are many others, but this is the last solution I would suggest.

Also please note that in Windows exist shortcut key combinations in order to move directly the window of an app between monitors, to minimize/maximize them and others. As an example, you can look at this post.

Please make sure that the graphics card drivers are installed from the card vendor and not by the default Windows drivers and that it is updated.

I really hope this Infos to lead you to the solution.

Best regards

• Thanks very much for your time and your information. I will try again and see if I get better results.

All the best.

Nick