How do we provide unattended access to clients computers?

How do we provide unattended access to clients computers? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Carolyn
    Carolyn Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thank you so much Jonathan. You have been extremely helpful.

• dz
    dz Posts: 1

So, having team viewer on the remote computer first, doesn't work.  It has to be put there using the link created by add host?  What if I have two people that do it? Do they both have to create the add host link and send it to the one computer?  Also, is there a way to do this in the free version, I have more than one person that I need to help me on my computer?

• I have been using Team Viewer for years to assist my elderly parents with occasional tech support.     Today I had them install it on their new computer so I could remote in and help.    We were unable to find anything that would have allowed me to set up unattended access or remote in..

They downloaded the program, signed into my account.. and were able to see all my computer..(they actually took control of my computer which really confused them)..   we could not locate anything to grant me permissions to access from my end.   

Eventually I had them use the Quick Service Program so I could do a little quick and dirty stuff.. but the usual settings were no where to be found.. 

• nattus
    nattus Posts: 4

This actually isn't very helpful.  It requires the client, on installing, to enter the permanent password.  That is useless in a deployment environment.  We need to be able to set the permanent password within the installer itself so all they do is run it.  I need all teamviewer clients at a site to have the same permanent password so i can support them unattended easily, but i do not want the clients to know what that password is.

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi nattus,

Thanks for your post!

TeamViewer does support deployment of the Host module. If you are having a license, we ask that you call into your local TeamViewer support center to assist with the deployment process.

All the best,

Jonathan

• nattus
    nattus Posts: 4

Is this reply by a bot?   The subject is host deployments.  I know you do host deployments.  What you can't do from the console is insert an unattended access password into the host module prior to deployment.

Arae you saying (very poorly) that you can do this?  If so, how?

• Jonathan

Hi nattus,

Thank you for your response!

I can assure you that I'm not a robot, I was simply suggesting to call into your local TeamViewer support center so that the best option for your use case can be provided.

In any case, I believe that the following article may help with the scenario you have described.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Install-TeamViewer-Host-via-the-Quick-Support-module/ta-p/13004

Let me know if this helps,

Jonathan

• The question is still: "How do we create a TeamViewer Host package that has the Password prepopulated"

The links provided only gives information how to manually set personal password after installation.

Again: how do we have "personal password" filled automatically on installation of TeamViewer Host without having _any_ manuall steps?

• Jonathan

Hi @casper,

Thanks for your post!

Please have a look at the following article to see if it helps with your question.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-export-settings-for-Host-deployment/ta-p/16469

All the best,

Jonathan

• At least now you've understood the question, however the solution is less than ideal for user environments that do not have a seperate easily accessible deployment system.

Isn't the Teamvieer host module creation and download link meant to be the deployment system?

Why is it so difficult to have an option when building the Teamviewer Host Module to set a single permanent password in the package?  Surely this is a simple thing to implement.

• Jonathan

Hi @nattus,

Thanks for your feedback.

The download link is not meant to be a deployment system – we have the assignment tool and the MSI package for deploying TeamViewer on many computers. This does require a Corporate license.

The download link simply allows you to customize the module and save the settings and customizations (not including password).

The only way to roll out TeamViewer with the password is with the MSI package. The other option is to export the options in a .reg file which is described in the link I posted above and then import the file on the remote computer.

I believe there are alternative deployment tools available also outside of Teamviewer.

The background for this is, that the password is encrypted in the registry so that nobody has the option to see the permanent password. This is a security feature which we implemented first in TeamViewer 9.

I will forward your feature request to our product management to include the unattended password set up when creating the Host module.

All the best,

Jonathan

• Is there an update to this feature request? :womanlol:

• Any update on this request?

• bcatoe
    bcatoe Posts: 13 ✭✭

Years later, still no update from Teamviewer.  Why is this request being ignored?  It seems that your developers come up with some convoluted workaround for something and then refuse to budge on cleaning it up.  Embed the encrypted pword into the custom host module that we download FROM your site.  While you're at it, name the file correctly rather than make us rename it manually.

Perhaps the better question is, why do we continue to pay TeamViewer when they ignore their user base?  Especially now with the subscription model....

• I'm dealing with the same issue and "support" is less than helpful and even difficult to reach - even while having a corporate license. The "custom host installation file" rarely works the way it's supposed to... It doesn't assign the host to the proper group or apply the proper policy. Most of the time it doesn't even assign the host to my account. Therefore I can't even remotely connect to the host in order to set up Unattended Access or fix the other settings that the "custom host installer" did not set properly. And dealing with all of those issues comes before even trying to fix the original issue that the end user needed help with. The entire point of using this software is to connect to remote PC's to help people that do not know how to use PC's... Our "custom host installer" should be a ONE STEP PROCESS for the end user. They should be able to simply double-click on the installer and be done. But nope, the end user who needs help has to jump through a bunch of hoops and know passwords that they should NOT know in order to get us connected? This is ridiculous. And this is coming from a network administrator who has been using a paid/corporate license for over 7 years... The software gets me by for the most part because I usually have direct access to the host PC during installation. But anytime I need to send the host-installer to an end user - I literally get stomach cramps before I even begin because I know how horrible the process will be.