How do you access the TeamViewer logs?

natv
natv Posts: 8 ✭✭

I'm trying to submit the personal verification form at:
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

The page says to get to my logs for that PC, I do this:

"You can find your log file by clicking "Extras" -> "Open log files" in your client. Locate the file called "TeamViewerXX_Logfile.log", where "XX" is your TeamViewer version."

I connect via Teamviewer to the machine, click Extras, but there is no option for logs (I see File Transfer, etc)

I tried to look around a bit to see if I'm missing something but my connection drops after 30 seconds.

Teamviewer handled this new timeout very badly, there should have been some warning that this was going to happen or an initial timeout of 5 minutes or something with a message about this, to give us time to fill in the personal use verification form (which takes up to 30 days to get processed)

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @natv

Thanks for your post.

I created a screenshot where to find the logs quickly. The meant Extras tab is in the TeamViewer software and not in the connection panel in a remote session:logs.png

I hope the info helps and that you can use TeamViewer quickly again without the limitation.

Thanks,

Esther 

Former Community Manager

• natv
    natv Posts: 8 ✭✭

Thanks, now if I could only connect to my remote PC long enough to actually do this.

is it really intentional that Teamviewer imposed a 30-second connection limit with no notice or some kind of bug?