How to completely delete a user/account?

Hi,

I can still see deleted users in Edit Group -> Share -> Add contant (dropdown list).

I'd like to completely remove users when I delete them. They are not only deactivated, but actually deleted. Not visible in User management list.

Some deleted users are still assigned to Closed and Expired cases in the service queue. This could be the problem i guess. Unassigning 5000 cases is just not a viable option. It would take forever. 

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks! :)

Best Answers

Answers

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @its_just_me,

Thanks for your post. 

If you remove a user from the user management list, he is not deleted. He is just removed from the company profile. The TeamViewer account is still existing just without a license.
    A TeamViewer account can only be deleted by the account owner. So if you have access to the account or if you are able to reset the password for that account, you should be able to delete the account afterwards. Then it will also be removed from your Computer & Contacts list. 

The following post could also be helpful:
    How to delete your TeamViewer account

Please let me know, if there are any further questions. :) 

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• its_just_me
    its_just_me Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I can't re-add to reset password. His e-mail account does not exist. This should be managed by the admin, not the account. Just like all other saas I've seen with user management. So this account will just live on and messing up my reports until the end of time? Sorry for my.... pessimism. Hope for a solid solution :)
  • its_just_me
    its_just_me Posts: 5 ✭✭

@Natascha wrote:

Hi @its_just_me,

Thanks for your post. 

If you remove a user from the user management list, he is not deleted. He is just removed from the company profile. The TeamViewer account is still existing just without a license.
    A TeamViewer account can only be deleted by the account owner. So if you have access to the account or if you are able to reset the password for that account, you should be able to delete the account afterwards. Then it will also be removed from your Computer & Contacts list. 

The following post could also be helpful:
    How to delete your TeamViewer account

Please let me know, if there are any further questions. :) 

Best,
    Natascha

Did you start on av fix for this missing feature? We need to be able to delete users! It seems to me like this is an actual violation of EU law (GDPR) when it comes to noe beeing able to delete a users within an Enterprise account.

It is a problem in itself that we can remove a user from the user list/ enterprise account, but STILL the user is assigned to sessions. This is, in my opinion, not good. 

Administrators need more control over users accounts. At least the accounts that's in the same domain as the company. 

• bcatoe
    bcatoe Posts: 13 ✭✭

I completely agree with Digon.  If the user was RandomName25, then I understand Teamviewer considering it as owned by that user.  However, if the user name is an email address, then clearly it is owned by the company/domain and we should be able to completely delete it.  How would Teamviewer react to a user creating President@teamviewer.com as a user account?

I'm now going to disagree with myself.  When the user RandomName25 requests to join that account to the company license, they have agreed that the company now owns the account.  Admin shoudl be able to delete it.

You claim group management is part of Teamviewer, then start listening to your enterprise accounts. Basic functions like (actually) deleting users, being able to do mass deletions of computer accounts, having the alias in the computer list and the alias field on the host machine be tied together (currently changing one does not change the other).  The excuse given by Teamviewer development about being worried that an admin might make a mistake is poor.  We are admins, we are used to working under that condition.  Give a proper warning message box, then allow the action.  Just like every other admin tool we use.  What we do not have is the time to jump thru the multi-step workarounds that are presented as solutions.

These are REQUIRED features in an enterprise system 

• Wishkeeper
    Wishkeeper Posts: 3 ✭✭

Is there any update on this Matter as this is a big problem for our company as well

• AntonDobschensky
    AntonDobschensky Posts: 18 ✭✭

Just bumping this because in 2022 I still don't believe this is possible and puts a huge liability on companies either by having an ex employee able to log into TV with an @companyname username or by having pages of inactive users.