How to deploy and enjoy TW with business lisence?

Henriette
Henriette Posts: 2
edited March 2022 in General questions

Hi. 

We just bought TW business lisence, but it seems like the functionality is really bad? Is it not possible to deploy TW with GPO with the business lisence? How are we supposed to deploy it to our 600 computers? And we can't use the assignment tool either.

We do not need more logins than 1, we do not need anything else from the other lisences - we just need to be able to deploy the thing. If we have to pay **bleep** more for only that - we will surely cancel the subscription and go on with **Third Party Product**, that we can deploy for free. 

Any tips? It really **bleep** if it is not possible. 

Comments

• SIR
    SIR Posts: 24 ✭✭

Hi @Henriette,

I am not sure to understand everything but here's some informations for you about the use of Teamviewer's products with a corporate license.

Getting started:

First i invite you to use the Teamviewer Management Console (https://login.teamviewer.com) to manage all the Teamviewer contents. You can login with the account you have created to purchase your corporate license.

In the Teamviewer Mangement Console (TMC) you will be able to:

• Manage the users that need to be able to connect on your remote clients
    • Affecting your corporate license to the users you have created prior
    • Customize your Teamviewer Host modules and Teamviewer QuickSupport modules (programs)  with your needs
    • Create computer groups to organize your 600 computers
    • Creating Teamviewers's polices
    • And more...

Licensing:

Teamviewer product is using a per user license and not a per software license. You affect the licenses only on the user side directly from the TMC. You don't need to put any license on the remote computers

GPO Deployment:

Once you have customized your Teamviewer Host module in the TMC, you can directly download the .MSI package from there.

Assign hosts to your company account:

To assign automatically your hosts to your main teamviewer account (to be able to apply policies for example), you can use 2 ways:

• Creating a SCP (in a Microsoft Active Directory envrionnement)
    • Use the Assignment Tool

I recommand you to follow the documentation provided by Teamviewer to learn how it's working and to be able to implement it properly.

Hope it can helps

Greetings.

• Hi, thank you for your answer.

But the problem is that I don't have the corporate license - I have the business lisence. I cannot download the MSI package from the TMC with the business license, I need Corporate. I don't want or need corporate, it is too expensive.

So really your answer didn't offer any solution, because I want to be able to somehow mass-deploy TW to our clients with our current license.. Do you know if that is possible? If not, the other two lisences are actually quite useless for us - and the last one way too expensive..

• SIR
    SIR Posts: 24 ✭✭

Okay i understand better now @Henriette !

Indeed it seems that your business license is not including the option for mass deployment (i assume mass deployment = MSI package provided).

Honestly if you need to manage 600 computers, i would suggest you to convert in a Corporate license anyway...I am aware it's more pricy but it's the more suitable license regarding the size of your computer assets.

A business license is certainly less expensive but you will loose more time managing your hosts because of a lack of features that the corporate license's would provide you.

And you know it... time is money ! ;)

• **bleep** response, just look at a NPO who just has one system engineer and needs mass deployment. Corporate is 4x the original price.