How to find out if my pc was remotely used, from logs?

Announcements

A new TeamViewer version for Windows has been released. Read the Change Log for 15.7.7 here!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

How to find out if my pc was remotely used, from logs?

I want to know if during speicifc time, my pc was remotely opened. I ask that because, after launch when I arrived on my PC, i have seen:  The free session was provided by Temviewer (or a message like that, which is shown after session) on my screen.

that's why i suspect someone was on my desktop, and can you tell me how/what I should see in "log" file?

there are records like:

2018/10/12 04:25:10.035 9208 16056 G1 VoIP: VoIPCentral: CreateComponentsAndStartThreads end....
2018/10/12 04:25:10.035 9208 14168 G1 RebuildingAutoVoiceCapturerWorkingClass: Data streaming acti.........

and like that, but as i freqently connect other device too,  i dont know which record means that MY pc was used, and not the records when i used another pc.

2 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to find out if my pc was remotely used, from logs?

Hi @tazotodua

Did you already check the connections_incoming.txt?

Just click in your TeamViewer on Extras --> Open Logfiles. In the same folder, there should be a file called connections_incoming.txt. In this file, you find the information you are looking for.

Thanks and best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @tazotodua

Did you already check the connections_incoming.txt?

Just click in your TeamViewer on Extras --> Open Logfiles. In the same folder, there should be a file called connections_incoming.txt. In this file, you find the information you are looking for.

Thanks and best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

there is no such file. only  TeamViewer13_Logfile and TeamViewer13_Logfile_Old  

so, it means there was no activiy, probably it could be a leftover message from the session i've made to other pc....

thanks!