How to keep TeamViewer host active

I use TeamViewer to assess one mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S10 plus) remotely using another mobile phone. However, after a few minutes of non-use / no contact, the remote phone's Teamviewer host is listed as offline.

If I am able to touch the remote phone and tap the TeamViewer Host app, then it reads as online. However the purpose of using TeamViewer is to be able to assess it without being able to touch it. How can I keep the Teamviewer Host from "going to sleep"? Is there some setting within TeamViewer that I can set, or on the phone?

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @SierraPacific,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to have your Andorid device stays active for remote connections. Turn on Eco mode on Samsung device might be recommended. The steps of turn on Eco mode on an Android device are showed below:

1. internet working fine
    2. account assignment completed
    3. activate Eco mode by looking it from the setting - gear wheel on TeamViewer Host.

The Andorid device under the group you have saved will display as Yellow and ready to connect anytime.

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Manolo
    Manolo Posts: 17 ✭✭

S9+, from TeamViewer Host 14.1.84 HM the device go Offline after 10 sec (Online only if you open Host again and keep it open). Previous versions works well but the Add-On is not up to date. Host device remains Online in my Account also if the Assignement is removed but you can't access. Eco Mode is "Ok" but I don't want Eco Mode.

• @SierraPacific wrote:

I use TeamViewer to assess one mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S10 plus) remotely using another mobile phone. However, after a few minutes of non-use / no contact, the remote phone's Teamviewer host is listed as offline.

If I am able to touch the remote phone and tap the TeamViewer Host app, then it reads as online. However the purpose of using TeamViewer is to be able to assess it without being able to touch it. How can I keep the Teamviewer Host from "going to sleep"? Is there some setting within TeamViewer that I can set, or on the phone?

• aphadani1
    aphadani1 Posts: 1

I found issue with latest teamviewer host for android version, now it cant keep active running in bcakground after the screen off. So the host will be not active and cant be remote.

• Stenkku
    Stenkku Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same issue here, it was working perfectly until recently (a month or so). Now the host app is totally useless.

• ricardo37
    ricardo37 Posts: 1

I have the same problem. It began immediately after I updated my devices to the new version of TeamViewer Host. Now I can't get the Host program to remain in memory on my Android (Galaxy) phone no matter how hard I try.

• fachry_my_id
    fachry_my_id Posts: 3 ✭✭

Usually if I have installed host, quick support, and universal add-on on any device with same account, the linked device will display a yellow indicator which means standby. But why now the status is all offline? Must open host on each device to be detected online.

Every time after restarting the device, Host does run automatically, but after about a few hours later I want to access the device, the status is still offline.

How to fix with all this offline?

• Duidluck
    Duidluck Posts: 1

I have the same issue now for a couple of weeks. Is there anybody who can help?

• NickNaz
    NickNaz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Was a solution to the original problem ever resolved? I am having the same issue!

• NickNaz
    NickNaz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Can any moderators help with this issue>

• fachry_my_id
    fachry_my_id Posts: 3 ✭✭

I found the cause of this problem. If Eco mode inactive in Host, the remote computer will remain offline until the host is reactivated. So it's best if Eco mode is permanently activated, but the consequence is that the battery will be drained.

TeamViewer should fix Eco mode to use without needing to be activated.

• Stenkku

There is no fix for this issue since spring 2023. Host running in the background for Android phones does NOT allow to establish unattended connection. The connecting device will show as "sleeping" and no remote control is possible.

• kathyspogo
    kathyspogo Posts: 1
    edited September 2023

I'm right there with all of you. I've used TeamViewer for years on computers, and for the last 2-3 on Android phones. I can't believe that TeamViewer company will not resolve this issue! I've read on more than a few websites that "Eco" mode on Android phones will slow performance. Who wants that!

[removed per Community Guidelines](If they aren't going to resolve this)

• trshagbaby
    trshagbaby Posts: 3 ✭✭

I did a factory reset and new install of host app on Samsung A8 tablet yesterday. I have the same problem described in this thread. In fact on a tablet reboot, the device starts off with "Sleeping" status in the Teamviewer console. So unattended access is impossible. I have to relaunch the host app on the tablet before I can access the tablet remotely.

• Stenkku

Situation has not changed and no support has been offered. TeamViewer Host app is useless for unattended access.

• trshagbaby
    edited October 2023

I used a hack to workaround this issue for a family member's tablet. Its not scalable, but an okay one-off workaround. I created a tasker profile+action to launch the teamviewer host app when an email notification from a specific sender is received.

Most of the work was learning tasker. Tasker prompts you to provide it with a fair amount of privileges to pull this off. So security may be a concern for anyone considering this approach. Here is a Tasker example that was helpful for me to figure out how to do this: https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/react-to-specific-sender-email-on-gmail.296/ Tasker app and notification plugin cost a little under $10.

Hopefully this issue is resolved so I can remove/avoid hacks like this.

• Stenkku

It seems that the issue is fixed or at least suddenly (without any changes from my part, except always using the updated version) the host app on the remote phone is waking up and the unattended connection is working again.

• trshagbaby

I noticed this was fixed for me too. Now when the TeamViewer Windows app says it is waking up the tablet, it actually works instead of timing out.

Only change I know of is that the Windows TeamViewer app I use to access the Samsung tablet remotely was automatically updated. to version: 15.48.5. Build date is 12/4/2023.

TeamViewer Tablet Host version is currently: 15.48.362 HM. I did not make any TeamViewer updates on the tablet. Unless the tablet host was updated automatically, it has not been changed.