How to minimize to tray?

Hello, my version team viewer for Windows 12.0.75813

Earlier I could push a cross (close) on the panel ... the program was minimized to the tray.
Now if I click the cross (close) on the panel, the program closes and it has to be restarted.
How to minimize to the tray (do it as it was before)?

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @AlexanderSh88

You can activate the setting Close to tray menu in the advanced setting of your TeamViewer:

Close to Tray.png

I hope, this information is helpful.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Armon
    Armon Posts: 1

I upgraded to Teamviewer 13 and now I can't minimize to a try icon despite the fact that I checked the box in Options. Any thoughts?

• Open the TeamViewer control panel > On the left had side, select Remote Control > Click the check mark or plus icon next to Start TeamViewer with Windows/System

• ACTIT
    ACTIT Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Its mid June 2023 and I have installed the latest version of TeamViewer on a fresh and fully patch Windows 11 OS and I am getting this issue.

The steps to untick the 'Close to Tray Menu' option does not work. To begin with it is greyed out and I need to unselect the option to allow TeamViewer to start with Windows and then it un-greys itself and allows me to uncheck it. However I then click to allow TeamViewer to start on Windows start up (I just want it running in the system tray in the background) but if I turn this back on, the greyed-out 'Close to Tray Menu' option automatically rechecks itself. This is an endless loop regarless how many combinations and reboots I try.

Funnily this method did work on another laptop with an existing Windows OS and updating the existing TeamViewer app to the latest version.

This inconsistency is baffling.

Thoughts?

• ACTIT
    ACTIT Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Follow-on update. I seem to have been able to resolve this issue on two PCs. The method that worked for me was to uninstall TeamViewer (it was the latest version), select to remove all settings during the uninstall and then I downloaded a live copy of TeamViewer from the official website and reinstalled it.

Not sure why an up to date TeamViewer would behave differently to a newly downloaded and installed version for this specific functionality but it did for me. Anyway hope this saves someone else some time.