I can remote to them, but they can't remote to me.

BudV
BudV Posts: 11 ✭✭

I help (unattended) two family members and a friend as an "IT Guru".  They have an iMac identical to mine, a Macbook Pro, and a Dell PC laptop.  I have no trouble connecting to them, and they can connect to each other, but they can't connect to me -- which puts the problem squarely on my shoulders.  I'm doing something wrong in my system, but I have no idea what it is.

Any help?

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @BudV,

Thankyou for your post.

Can you kindly provide a screenshot of error message without showing your personal information and TeamViewer ID please.

At the same time, make sure correct TeamViewer ID and password are used for connections please.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • BudV
    BudV Posts: 11 ✭✭

Thanks for responding. The post you read was my first on this issue, and it simply did not give enough information to contribute to a solution, so let me start over.

The four computers involved are all set up for unattended remote control and are powered up at all times.  The other three allow remote control among themselves just fine, and my Mac can also connect with any of them as well; however, when any of them tries to connect with my Mac they get rejected with the diagnostic popup "Unable to connect.  Teamviewer not running on partner computer."    (Of course, my Mac did have TV open.)  I did make a screenshot of that message, but I saw no way to attach it to this post.  Anyway, that's all it said.

Clearly, there's something set wrong on my Mac.  Recently, I ran across some kind of "Permission" option -- I don't remember its content -- and I turned it on and crossed my fingers.  I had my daughter try to remote into my Mac from her Dell and she succeeded!  Sounded good, right?    Unfortunately, some time later -- I don't remember how long -- I asked her to try again, and she repeatedly got the diagnostic mentioned above.

The only thing I can conclude from this is that something on my Mac is timing out and closing TV.   That's the entire story, and I don't know where to go from here.

I sincerely hope that you detect more than I have..