I get a gray screen when I login on other computer.

I have been using TeamViewer to remotely share my mother's computer screen for some time.  She has an iMac and I have a MacBook Pro.  Both are running the latest version of macOS and TeamViewer.  However, in the last few months, TeamViewer has stopped working properly for us.  When I login to her computer, I can see her menu bar, at the top of the window, but the rest of her screen is just gray.  I cannot see any of here windows, desctop, etc.  Other than the menu bar, I can see nothing of what is on her screen.  As an experiment, I tried to share my screen with her and she had the same result.

If I deselect "Remove Wallpaper" in the View menu, then I can see her desktop picture, but I still can't see any of the open windows or icons on her desktop.

On the other hand, I do not have this problem when I use TeamViewer to login to my office computer.  It's running Windows 10.

So, can anyone tell me what is going wrong with my connection to my mother's commputer?

Best Answer

Answers

• I'm having the same issue & it was mentioned that Team viewer 15 and Mac OS X 10.14 & Mac OS X 10.15 have some issues . They posted what to check on Accessibilty and Full Disk Access , I've tried that and still all I see is the Desktop image . No desktop icons, dock or pull down menu items. I'm able to log in to husbands imac running Mac OSX 10.13 and Teamviewer 14..But on our LAN

Whats the fix? I need to help my mom too.

• MsCopernic
    MsCopernic Posts: 0

Same here, but seems no one is answering this. I have seen this problem reported by many persons.