Announcements

Remote Control for all devices running Android 7+ is here!

(Incl. Google Pixel series, Xiaomi smartphones, Oppo devices, and many more)

Learn more

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I need to reverse direction of horizontal scrolling via mouse on remote Mac

I'm using TeamViewer 12 between 2 Macs. I've noticed when I use the touch feature on the local mouse (Apple) the direction the windows scroll on the remote computer are the opposite direction they move when I use it on my local Mac's windows (Finder or Browser). Is there a way to have TeamVIewer REVERSE the scrolling direction it sends to the remote one without changing the direction of scrolling for that user's local mouse? Both computers work the same in person, but controlling one remotely is when the problem shows up.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: I need to reverse direction of horizontal scrolling via mouse on remote Mac

Wow. 8 Months and no reply from any TeamViewer tech person?? Is this just not possible to do?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

This is possible to do with the paid version of TeamViewer but not with the free version.  This is intentional in order to encourage people to buy the paid version.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Ah, I see. So the "free" non-commercial use installation is not the FULL version. It would be nice if they told you that up front. I didn't see it anyplace.

And I wonder if they've thought about how the inability to get the mouse to work as expected might limit how many people decide to upgrade to the paid license.

(In case this seems like a duplicate...my first attempt at replying got an error, so this is a second try, but rewritten from memory)

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

If they had mentioned this anywhere I would have PAID for the service. I wonder if this fixes my numeric pad issue. My numeric pad has different functions when connected through Team Viewer and I would like them to be normal functions again

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I very much doubt if updating to the paid version will solve your problem...
I Have a paid version but that didn't solve it ...
I think it's plain and simple some kind of bug.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

How can you change this in the paid version?