Installation problem on Mac OS X

Hello!

I'm trying to install TeamViewer, but cannot open the disk image containing the installer (double-click doesn't open it :smileysad: ), someone can help me, please? Thank you

Comments

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello Francesca71,

Which one did you download? Is it the .exe file? Could you send me a screenshot?

Thank you for using teamviewer

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • Good morning and excuse me, I couldn't replay sooner.

I downloaded the application from the page you can see in the link  and have .dmg file. I have drag it in the application folder and double-clicked it to have the disk image that contains the installator

https://www.teamviewer.com/it/download/mac/?pid=google.tv_exact_sl2.s.it&gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccN-D_mmmdADcStGKwaCam0RHuSgUe8Ca_jX3_IZ829RNrJdkuKUz9OBoCUrUQAvD_BwE

https://www.teamviewer.com/it/download/mac/?pid=google.tv_exact_sl2.s.it&gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccN1Vnh7F3PGdYyWkpurYgvKnEaAQ4m14Rpfyjji_RtWBLIpazSIrORRoCADAQAvD_BwE

@iainwels wrote:

Hello Francesca71,

Which one did you download? Is it the .exe file? Could you send me a screenshot?

Thank you for using teamviewer

• iainwels

Hello Francesca71,

If i am a bit off, i am sorry i am not a mac user, but did you try to open it as an administrator? Did you try redownloading it? Is your memory full (this could couse the teamviewer client to not completely download)? If you could check these things and then awnser with what you have seen, maybe we could work something out!

Thank you for using teamviewer.

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • I have already checked it a and tried to download again...  :womanfrustrated:

• iainwels

Hello Francesca71,

Is there some kind of pop-up that says the error?

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • No, there isn't. Few months ago, I downloaded and installed the application successfully but some days ago I have to unistall it. I do not know there was an unistaller, so I did it as always on Mac: throwing the application to the trash using AppCleaner (an application that allows you to uninstall apps and remove all the related files). But if this method was the reason why I can't install Team Viewer again, I had to have troubles during the installation, but my problem is that I cannot open the folder that contains the installator.

• iainwels

Hello Francesca71,

Maybe a dumb question but did you look for any file's that is named teamviewer? If not maybe the program did not delete them all. If you could check that would be nice!

I hope this helps.

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • No others files named TeamViewer... :womansad::smileysad::robotsad::mansad::catsad:

• iainwels

Hello Francesca71,

I am just an teamviewer user, but i think you need to call apple support for this. That a launch program won't open is a problem with apple i think. I am sorry. I will make sure a moderator see's this as wel! @Jonathan could you help with this one?

Thank you for using teamviewer.

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • I've tried downloading another app and had no problem openig the related .dmg....

• Hello everybody!

Problem solved! :womanvery-happy: It was an hidden window, made visible with the command "Show all floating windows" :womanembarrassed::womanembarrassed::womanembarrassed: ... Sorry for the touble and thank you for all!

• oh so maybe this is my problem too.

Thank you

• iainwels . don't you understand that is for Mac? The exe file is for windows my friend.

• Can you tell me please how you run command ?

• selmaSKJ
    selmaSKJ Posts: 2

I HAVE A PROBLEM

I Could not install teamviewer on my mac after download

after the double-clic there is a file on the desk with no possibility of installation

• selmaSKJ
    selmaSKJ Posts: 2

Capture d’écran 2018-07-06 à 01.30.44.png

• hi guys,i have solved this problem.   i connect my tv to macbook, and the  install window will show on tv screen even my tv is power off. OMG!! if you have more than one screen connected with your mac,please check it maybe you will find the install window. : )