Installing host file incorrect settings

Hello when I create a new host file and when I install the host file the Host dont have any of the formatting and company picture that I have added? Also in the policy settings I have added to generate a password but the password also not showing.

Comments

• Erha-ah
    Erha-ah Posts: 14

Hello Radmin,

Please try to restart the device after you install the Host client, it sometimes bugs and (for me at least) appears to show the right logo after I reboot the device.

As far as the policy goes, are you sure you have asigned the policy to the client correctly? You need to link a policy either directly to a client, a device group or the Host you have created.

Please check https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/documents/.
    Specifically the one for the Management Console covers this.

• Radmin
    Radmin Posts: 4

Great thank you restarting is working!

Hello. Yes I did link the policy too the host file when I was creating the host file. Im trying to show the password on the TS at the moment it only shows ID

• Erha-ah

Which policy did you asign exactly?

• Radmin

Random password after each session

When I go into the settings of my tv there is a option for random password but its disabled so I added that policy thought it will enable it but its not happening

• Radmin

When does the policy push too the client? Because I am making changes on the policy but cant see the changes on tv. Must you reboot the machine for that?

• Erha-ah

Policy adjustments become active immediately. No reboot required.

We had a similar issue, and after much searching found that the policy wasn't active (linked) on the client. Can you check the client from the management console and check whether the policy is active?