Installing software remotely

When trying to install software on the remote system I am disconnected when the admin prompt comes up. The logged in user account does not have admin rights. Is this by design? Microsoft's RDP would not do this. Also I cannot send ctl+alt+del, it is greyed out.

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Phixxer

Thanks for posting.

This is an intended effect of UAC (User Account Control).
    It makes sure that applications that do not have admin privileges cannot capture the screen at this time.

TeamViewer needs admin privileges to be able to view this.

More information on the ways to make this work here

I hope this answers your question,
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Acfretto
    Acfretto Posts: 1

I’m having problem installing the toyota tech stream software and i am no able to connect via remote because the set up ask me for a partner ID and i don’t know what’s my partner ID

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator

Hi Acfretto,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community

It seems that your issue appears to be different to the original question in this post, but fact that you are facing a connection issue.

The partner ID is referring to the TeamViewer ID of the remote computer that you are trying to connect to.

And you can confirm TeamViewer ID from the Remote Control tab, under "Allow Remote Control".

Please note that TeamViewer ID and password are required in order to establish the remote session.

Once you confirmed TeamViewer ID and password, could you try the connection, please?

You may find useful information about passwords and TeamViewer remote sessions from our knowledge articles, please read through the articles 🍀

Kindly inform me if you experience any further issues!

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター