Ipad - Pc Some blank area

Hi, 

I try to connect my computer via ipad. But there is a problem as you see at picture. (The bottom of the screen is black) Normally, (tw version 11) it didnt happen. 

My suggestion is: Please make it full screen while using on ipad.

Thank you!IMG_0006.PNG

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi mtalha13,

Thank you for your post and providing feedback on V12 Beta!

We have released a updated V12 Beta version 12.0.70155 which has fixed some issues in the initial Beta release.

Please check to ensure that your software is on the latest version of V12 Beta and this should correct the issue you were experiencing when connecting from your Ipad.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jonathan

• uzupan
    uzupan Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I just downloaded the latest team viewer app for iPad today and there is still blank spaces on my iPad as shown in the screenshot from the above poster.
  • uzupan
    Team viewer is still not autosizing the laptop screen to fill the iPad screen with the font do a final version of 12 for iPad
  • Jbones915
    Jbones915 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Hi:
    I just installed teamviewer on a nice fast windows 7 machine as well as my new iPad pro 12.9" with pencil. The issues are that about a 1/3 of the screen is a black space. The second issue is that I cannot move the mouse around with my finger or pencil like I can on my android phone. Also, the pencil doesn't seem to work at all. Please help me.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi uzupan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I have reported this issue to our technical support team to look into the cause of the problem you described. 

I will update this post once a solution has been determined.

All the best,

Jonathan

• Wil33z
    Wil33z Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hi.

I would like to report the same issue from iPad Pro 12.9 inch to mac desktop. Not sure about going to windows, will test and post again. Using 12.0.71259cl in the iPad.

Please fix!

Cheers
    Andrew.
  • Wil33z
    I use teamviewer to log into clients computers for remote support. I don't think that logging in and then changing their screen resolution is an acceptable solution. TeamViewer should do this automatically then reset after I log out. Also, the resolutions on most pc's don't come near an iPad resolution the iPad is far wider which is why there is black at the bottom of the screen. I would like for there to be at least a scale setting to stretch the screen to fit the ipads screen.
    The ultimate would be for teamviewer to have a screen resolution for iPads set in there software (perhaps a driver if needed) to accomodate this.
  • Wil33z
    I would like to second the 1/3 screen blank issue. I am getting the same. Very annoying. Team viewer is not cheap (I am a paying customer) and I expect more from them.
  • uzupan
    Yes, that is the first thing I tried,changing the resolution on my laptop. But when I do that it also changes the resolution on the projector that is connected to my laptop.
  • uzupan
    That is one of the first things I tried. While it may fix my laptop that I am remotely connected to it also changes the resolution to the projector that's connected to my laptop so what I am trying to project does not show properly on the screen
  • Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi,

Could you please explain the "black screen issue" in a little bit more detail? What exactly do you mean and can you post a screenshot?

Regards

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Jbones915
    Jbones915 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Sorry I do not have a screenshot available right now.  But, when you turn the 12.9 ipad side ways the screen of the computer you are logging into only takes up 2/3 of the screen.  The bottom 1/3 of the screen is a black bar that is unusable.  Also, the apply pencil doesnt seem to interact well with the app.  It works fine elsewhere on the pad.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi Jbones915,

Thank you for your post.

I recommend you to check the settings during the connection. For this please open the connection bar at the bottom by clicking on the keyboard sign on the right side. You can click on the gear wheel and go to "Screen resolution". Choose "best fit" or "don't change". 

It is not possible to disable the black screen completely while working on the iPad in the vertical mode because the computer is in horizontal mode but you always have the possibility to zoom in with your fingers.

Please make also sure that "remote cursor" is ticked (I think this is easier when you will work with the Apple pencil). It is also easier if you use the "touch interactions" instaed of the "mouse interactions". You can change this in the connection bar at the bottom.

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • gclunsf
    gclunsf Posts: 2 ✭✭

Julia, I'm running TeamViewer 12.0.72275 CL on my iPad Pro 12.9" which is running iOS 10.2. I'm connecting to a laptop running Win 7 Home Premium and TeamViewer Free 11.0.66695. The iPad is being used in landscape orientation with a Zagg keyboard. I use this configuration primarily to access the Quicken application on the laptop from my iPad using TeamViewer. Regarding the amount of screen used, mine defaults to 1366x768. The first screenshot I attached shows how this looks. To me, like others above, it's using about the top 2/3 of the screen. I changed the screen resolution to 1600x900, which is the highest TeamViewer would allow. While, of course, the display changed to show more Windows screen real estate, the fraction of the iPad screen used, didn't seem to change much, if at all.

I'm following this thread primarily regarding the Apple Pencil support. With Quicken's many drop down boxes relative to the small size of the screen displayed, using the fingers for positioning the mouse can be problematic. I've ensured I've got my TeamViewer config set as you advised with remote cursor and "Touch Interactions" enabled. While I can get the Pencil to do a very little bit, it won't do most things. The effect of using the Pencil seems to be the mouse cursor gets changed from an arrow to a hand with the index finger pointing upward; Indicating the mouse cursor has been positioned over a clickable link. But it doesn't seem to go through with the actual "punching the left mouse button" action no matter if I tap once, twice, or more or how hard or soft I tap. The second screenshot I attached shows the appearance of the mouse cursor after using the Pencil.

Other than my Windows TeamViewer version being a bit stale, is there any other reason the Apple Pencil might not work? If I brought the Windows version to the current release, would that make any difference? Is there anything else that can be done to get the Apple Pencil to work with TeamViewer? Thanks for any help you can offer.IMG_0315.JPGIMG_0313.JPG

George Lunsford

Regards, George Lunsford
  • gclunsf
    gclunsf Posts: 2 ✭✭

Julie, my apologies. I realized the second screenshot I attached to my post above didn't display the mouse cursor. I had overlaid it when I blurred out the info I didn't want displayed. Below is the same type of screenshot that DOES show the mouse cursor after trying to use the Apple Pencil. Thanks.

IMG_0318.JPG

George Lunsford

Regards, George Lunsford
  • JackPines
    JackPines Posts: 1

I guess they dropped that ball like a hot potato. As a new iPad Pro 12.9 owner, I'm planning on getting my **bleep** for the $$$ by being as productive as possible with it and TeamViewer is part of the game plan. Please, TV folks, pick the ball back up and take into the end zone. 

• This is still an issue. When will it be fixed??

• Hi George,

May I known if the Apple pencil issue is resolved? I'm also having same issues whereby tapping on the Apple pencil does not correspond to left clicking remote controlling a Windows program.

Best Regards,
    Sunny
  • Same problem with the iPad Pro 10.5, the problem being the 1/3 screen blank at the bottom.. with best fit selected. It’s a free product (for me as a non-business comsumer) so just curious if there is an answer to this?

Thx

Rui

• This issue has not been solved. I still have 1/3 of the screeen blank at the bottom. It does not matter what screen resolution is chosen. We are paying customers TeamViewer, please resolve!

• It's impossible for them to "resolve" this issue.  The aspect ratio of the tablet is 4:3ish and the aspect ration of the laptop/desktop is likely 16:9... so if you want to see the whole desktop, it's impossible to fill the entire ipad screen.

• Untrue. I use many remote control utilities both on my workstations and 2 different Ipad's. All but Team Viewer re-scale the image so it is usable.

• That would make a bad enviroment if someone is on the desktop if the ipad used it's aspect ratio though. 

• Wil33z

It looks like 4:3

Not too bad.

I use switchresx to make my mac have the native ipad resolution for when I log into it and its fine. I cant do that for customers computers however.

And if it doesnt look great for my customers, too bad. I am fixing the computer and they cant touch it whilst im on it anyhow.  I use show black screen so that isnt an issue.

Please allow to switch the resolution to ipad native as an option! This is not cheap software, and proper iPad support is an absolute must! I wont be purchasing again until this issue is resolved.

• Wil33z

Furthermore, the sale of the software was very misleading.

Have a look at the pictures on the app store for the ipad remote app.

It clearly shows a remote session taking up the entire ipad screen! 4:3 or not, good or bad, It is shown off on the apps preview screen as normal. That was what I was expecting when I forked out nearly a thousand bucks! Years on and still no solution! 

So no more teamviewer for me. 

• Wil33z

Hi Jonathan

So where is the update? It has been over a year and still the same issues.

The app store preview of the ipad app clearly shows a session with the entire ipad screen being used. This is what I expected when I purchased your software. How do I go about getting a refund? It is crazy to expect someone to wait over a year for an issue to be resolved.

Until this is fixed, teamviewer is useless to me!

• mtalha13
    mtalha13 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi, i solved this problem by changing resolution.

• Wil33z
    Unfortunately there are no appropriate resolutions for me to choose from on my pc.