Posted by alekdavis
Henagon

Is connecting to a home PC from work considered commercial use?

I am trying to connect to my home PC from work and I am getting a commercial use notification. Is this normal? I am just trying to fix a problem with Plex so my kids can watch a video. My home PC runs Windows Professional (not a server) and is utilized as a family media server (I am not using it for anything paid). I used to do this before without any problem. Is this something that TeamViewer recently introduces? Or something that my employer did? Thanks.

2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by mdboxberger
Digon

Re: Is connecting to a home PC from work considered commercial use?

Under the new (2019-Aug) 'detection' program I can no longer connect to my home computer at lunch time because I'm trying to do it from my work PC.   

TeamViewer GmbH - can you allow outbound connections from a commercial environment as long as we're only using it for personal use?

Posted by Deathwing182
Electron

Re: Is connecting to a home PC from work considered commercial use?

Same thing's happened to me today too - suddenly this morning i'm getting blocked for "Commercial" use, when it's been fine for over a year previously.

Connecting to my home PC from work, absolutely no work business being conducted via TV (listening to music, organizing photos & music, occasional gaming, etc.), so i'd love to know where this determination is coming from - I suspect the fact that i'm running on Windows 10 Enterprise at work is being used to make a very ill-informed blanket assumption that i'm using the program for work purposes.