Is there a Ghost mode in unattended access?

Hi,

I would like to use unattended access to change settings remotely on a users device, except I do not want the user to see what is going on. For example, I have to enter an unlock code to give me admin access and at the moment the user can see the code I type in on his screen. I want to be able to have access to the users tablet whilst the screen on the tablet remains off, or static whilst I make the changes. Is this possible, could it be possible? Thanks.

Regards, Steve.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Great, thank you. I will look into this.

Steve.

• Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not see the options for a black screen, is this because I am using the free version of Teamviewer 14? Once I know I can achieve what I want to achieve I am more than willing to purchase the necessary license(s), thank you.

I am connecting to a Samsung Galaxy Active 1 tablet running Android 5.1.1 and Galaxy Active 2 tablet running Android 8 or 9.

Steve.TV-Limited Options.JPG

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @ShiftTraffic 

Yes - this feature is only available for licensed connections. I recommend giving our Sales team a call to receive an official trial license.

This allows you to test whether the feature works in your setup (especially because: Not all monitors, video cards, motherboards, or BIOS support the TeamViewer monitor driver solution, which is required to use the black screen. The TeamViewer monitor driver solution is dependent on the implementation of hardware vendors and in case of incompatibility, you may not be able to use this feature with some host computers.)

If everything works well, you can turn the trial into a real license. 

What operating systems are involved in your connection? This might also have an impact on the feature. It might make sense to test different scenarios.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi Esther,

Thanks for the information regarding licenses, I am connecting to a Samsung Galaxy Active 1 tablet running Android 5.1.1 and Galaxy Active 2 tablet running Android 8 or 9.

Steve.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

I am sorry: Connections to a mobile device do not offer this feature.

You can activate the black screen in a regular Windows to Windows connection and also in a connection from your Android to a Windows connection, but not in connection to a mobile device. This would be a feature request currently.

Sorry for the disappointment,

Esther

Former Community Manager