Just a question before downloading.

I'm reluctant to download yet another screensharing software since I've tried dozens already and have been satisfied with none. All I need is something to allow my friend and I to share screens AND system audio while video chatting. According to what I read, it seems like TeamViewer is exactly what I need, but is it really? As mentioned before, I've tried a ton of other similar things and none of them work the way I want.

And, since it's just my friend and I, that counts as private use and I would be able to use it for free, correct?

...Basically we just want to watch TV shows and other things together since we live quite a distance away... I'm really hoping TeamViewer is the thing to use, and hopefully it's also secure. If this information is needed, I'm using Mac OSX Yosemite and she is using a MacBook Air, El Capitan.

Best Answer

Answers

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

TeamViewer will do all you are saying for FREE. BUT if you are trying to stream video via TeamViewer, I hope you both have a big pipe (lots of bandwidth). 

If you are trying to stream a show via TeamViewer or another service/software because you are outside of the US and your friend is inside the US. I might suggest doing this a little differently. Send me a PM if you are.

TeamViewer is a wonderful program. When you figure that for personal use it's cost is free, it can not be beat. 

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Golden
    Golden Posts: 3

Thank you so much for your reply! It sounds like it'll work just the way I want it. Before TeamViewer, my friend and I were using a site called rabbit, if you've ever heard of it, and unfortunately they 'updated' it to the point where it's unusable. But when it DID work, we seemed to have plenty of bandwidth to watch things with. And we're both in the US so hopefully there shouldn't be any issues there...?

• Golden
    Golden Posts: 3

Okay, thank you so much for the response!