License renewal gone terribly wrong

I submitted my request for license renewal to local Russian company Syssoft. After all payments have been made I was issued a new license instead of renewal. I noticed that and notified the Russian support - now they revoked my license completly. I cannot do my job as inteded to for the second day straight.

Can you please take care of this ASAP?
Can you also find the responsible party and find the way to compensate my expences for that terriblle error of yours?

Thank you in advance,
Sincerely,
Alexey

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Lyosh108 ,

Thank you for your post.

I will arrange for someone to contact you asap and help fix the situation.
    I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Ant1
    Ant1 Posts: 28

Be very careful when dealing with TeamViewer they are highly unethical. I was a non-commercial user who got blocked suddenly before a very important meeting, effectively forcing me to pay for a license as I had no time to search for a free alternative.

Then when I did sign-up, their incredibly unfair renewal practices came into force. TeamViewer hid their practice of automatically renewing the license and taking money from people's bank account unless they give 28 days notice in the fine print at the bottom of the invoice. They neither told me this in the original e-mail or did they send me a renewal notice. 

I found later that in their documentation that they say that they will send a renewal notice unless local laws do not allow it. This was untrue - actually they will not send a renewal notice unless forced to by local new laws.

In my case I paid for the license at Australian rate and in Australian dollars, and all my dealings with TeamViewer have been with the Australian office. Under Australian laws the renewal must be sent. But as I was going to be spending a lot of time in China, I put down an address in China.

Teamviewer then used the lack of Chinese laws not to send the renewal letter claiming I was a Chinese user even though they had happily forced me to pay Australian rates. When I raised these issues and the fact that I no longer use the product (which they can verify from their records) their only response is that they "cannot cancel the subscription".

TeamViewer has no interest in acting with integrity or dealing with customers fairly. Deal with this company at your own risk.