Locking remote Computer if it was locked

Hello

Recently i got a strange behavior.
I usually connect from my Android Mobile to my locked Windows 10 PC to remotely unlock it.
After disconnecting it usually stays unlocked but recently it locks the PC on disconnection.
When i connect to my unlocked PC and disconnect, it stays unlocked! (and yes, i set lock to never on android as well as windows 10)
Trying to change the lock to always and back to never didnt help with this issue

maybe someone got a solution for this behaviour?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @lunee

Thank you for your message.

In the following chapter of the toolbar article, we explain how to session lock feature works:

I hope this will help you to understand the behaviour of your TeamViewer session closings.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• lunee
    lunee Posts: 4

Hello

as i connect from android to pc i dont have the fancy bar, i only got a X for disconnect but no lock sign whatsoever, i already deaktivated the lock computer option so this i no help either..

as this issue only occures, if my pc was already locked and not if it was not locked i think there is some kind of coherence regarding the state of the pc or lock PC is set do disabled but actually uses automatic mode instead

• Hoon
    Hoon Posts: 2

I have same problem

On my android phone, "lock remote computer" is selected as "never"

But if I connect to locked-screen computer => log in => close teamviewer in android phone 

The remote computer changed to locked-screen always

• JeanK

Hello @Hoon and @lunee

Thank you for your message.

According to our engineers, this is a known Windows issue.

We can provide you with a reg-key that fixes the issue. You only need to run the key on your computer (not on your phone) and the problem is fixed.

I've sent to both of you via private message the download link of this reg-key.

Let us know if this has fixed this issue.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• lunee

hello

thanks for the info, sadyl i havent recived a massage yet (and I dont seem to be able to send one also)

if you dont want to post the Registry Key here, could you mail it to me? [Removed by moderator as it contains private data]

regards Lukas

• JeanK

Hello @lunee

Could you please check your inbox?

We have also sent you the reg-key via email.

Please also check your spam folder...just to be auf der sicheren Seite. ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• lunee

hmm strange, havent received anything yet exept the automated mails from community-noreply@teamviewer.com

also tried different browsers as well as my company pc to try to get the messaging system on this webiste working, no idea whats going on....

Capture.JPG

• Hoon
    Hoon Posts: 2

Hello JeanK,

Thank you for the help

I downloaded the reg-key and executed it on my PC

But it showed same result (it still return to lock screen)

Nowadays I am using a smartphone and two PCs

smartphone => PC1 => PC2

Using PC1 remotely controlled by my smartphone, I controll PC2.

In this case, even I close Teamviewer of my smartphone and PC1, PC2 does not return to lock screen

• JeanK

Hello @Hoon@lunee, and @Kathleen2,

I've a little update for you. ?

Our engineers confirmed that this is a current bug. 

Our R&D deparment is working on a fix and will deploy it within the next app updates. ?

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager