Posted by nairb
Electron

Long term user today got teamviewer "suspected commercial use"

I use teamviewer to access computers in different room's.  All on the same network, one is a media PC and has long connection time.

But i suspect my VPN usage caused it.  I had 2 computers both using VPN's with no issue.  I recently added  3rd computer and VPN was slow connection.  It had many connection's, lots of IP's in last 24-48 hours, trying to troubleshoot unsucesfully during which i got hit with this suspected commercial usage.

I filled out the form but wondered if anyone can help me here?  I'm hoping you can see from logs they are all on the same home network. 

6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by Anthony2816
Henagon

Re: Long term user today got teamviewer "suspected commercial use"

Posted by bighorse
Neutron

me too, where do I email to let them know that I am also one of those people in this category?

Posted by claytone
Digon

Same here, just started using Norton VPN  a couple of weeks ago. I'd already had several reCAPTCHAs trying to do a simple Google search. For those, disconnecting the VPN and reconnecting cleared up the problem, apparently getting away from a "bad" (maybe just busy) IP address.

I tried the  commercial use suspected  page to reset, but it seems to have problem with my TeamViewer ID. The message "Please enter your device id as it appears in your TeamViewer client." appears each time I try to submit. I've tried what I consider my TeamViewer ID, as lower case, first letter capitalized, all caps, email address, and Windows machine name, but nothing appears to work. The title on the field says "TeamViewer ID", so I didn't expect some of these options to work, but just gave it a shot.

Not a big deal at the moment, since I mostly use TeamViewer at home. I can just get up a walk to the other computer. It will be kind of a nuisance to find a replacement for the times I travel, but TeamViewer has a couple of annoying issues anyway. It sometimes fails to render specific windows, especially when connecting to my older Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.

Posted by nairb
Electron

Thank you for post claytone.  I am highly suspecting me using VPN's is causing it to.  If they looked at IP 3 computer's were in different IP's for me.  But in reality they were all in my house different room's. 

It was just 2 until last 48 hours or so.  So wondering if the 3rd computer i just added in last day or two was what caused it.   Idk how many IP's it got when I was troubleshooting VPN speed. Would not suprise me if 25+ different IP's. 

I'm just hoping they can see on same local network and hopefully put me back to regular.  As I'm in no way commercial.  

Posted by BigBillSD
Henagon

I just got **bleep** by TV starting yesterday.  I am traveling in my RV and need to connect to my home pc's to check on the DVR and Blue Iris machines, and occationally my home pc.  Now TV appears to be trying to extort money from me by saying I am a commercial user, of which i am NOT.  Is this a bug or are they having money problems and need to start extorting money from us personal users now? 

I have used this program for a few years since retiring and traveling in my RV.  Nothing has changed on any of my PCs or laptop, so why did it start yesterday after being on the road for 2.5 months while I am traveling to Alaska?

Posted by HackMax
Electron

Yep I got the same thing today so I'm switching to **Third Party Product**. I dont need or use any other feature other than controlling my pcs so I won't need this software taking space on my SSD