Losing connection

So i am experiencing a very odd problem. When i use teamviewer to remotely control my pc, it disconnects from the internet after a while. I try to troubleshoot my connection and it is a dns error, i switch my internet cable to the different port and my internet is back again. This only occurs when using teamviewer. I used it before, everything was fine. This started happening after reinstalling windows and and it doesn't happen when both of the devices are connected to the same network. Any ideas why this can be happening?

Comments

• jonathanc
    jonathanc Posts: 2 ✭✭

Was anyone able to find a sloution to this issue?

• Still having this problem on some hosts. Any solution?

• Im having the same issue, whenever i try to connect to a remote pc my internet connection dies. i have to restart the laptop and even sometimes the router. it happens over wifi and/or LAN. i have a fresh win10 install and all drivers updated. Any help will be appreciated.

• Any luck with this?  I'm running into it as well...

• this actually happened to me recently as well. hopefully theres a fix for this.
  • I solved this issue by calling the isp and having them change my router. Please note that both old router (the one with the issue) and new one ran with default settings. I never changed the configuration at any point. Hope tgis helps.
  • I've actually found a fix to this problem. I went into my router's IP and went and configured it. 

Here's what I've done:

• I've gone into the router's default IP and went into the router settings.
    • I went through its firmware settings.
    • Then I've rolled back it's firmware a version backward to its previous version. 
    • After a minute of the router rolling back a version. I've gone into Teamviewer and tried to connect to my other computer and it connected without any internet drop issues or lag issues. 

You DO NOT need to call your ISP for this fix. It's simple to fix when you know how to enter your router's configuration and reset the router, or either rollback the router's firmware.

This is coming from my experience of fixing the problem. I hope you all are able to fix your internet drop issues.

• Jeff9315
    Jeff9315 Posts: 1

I also have this problem ... started about a month ago (around 5/1/2020) and was probably due to frequent Windows updatres that were all buggy.