Losing password when updating TeamViewer versions

Whenever I am helping someone by using TeamViewer and I try to update their TeamViewer 'version', it will change the password during the update reboot and I have to call the person to have them tell me the new password.  Is it possible to 'reconnect' after a 'version update' like the same way you are asked if you want to 'reconnect' when you do a reboot on someones computer?  It's really inconvenient to have to call them back and go through the password routine again.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Stellarplacebo,

Thank you for your message. ?

It is expected that the password changes after an update, for the reason that TeamViewer restarts. ?

If you want to reconnect to TeamViewer without having to type the new random password, you need to set up a permanent password before the update on the remote side. 

Then, after updating, you will just reconnect to the device with the same password. ??

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Password for unattended access - Personal password

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Stellarplacebo
    Stellarplacebo Posts: 11 ✭✭

Jean, thank you for your reply.  I can see how that will work and I will use it in the future.  I just thought it would be nice to have the application update work the same way a reboot of the computer works.  Like the way TeamViewer will ask you if you want to reconnect after the reboot, it would be nice to do it that way after the version update.  Anyway, thanks again. : )

• Stellarplacebo
    Stellarplacebo Posts: 11 ✭✭

Thanks Jean.