Mass Deployment (SCCM)

Hello,

I have problems with Mass Deployment and Custom Config with the MSI file.

Is it possible to combine The deployment method with CUSTOMCONFIG and SETTINGSFILE ?

I want to deploy TV with customconfig first (With the token) to set up Logo from our company and after I want to deploy the SETTINGSFILE to set up all parameters (Password admin and display)

I would like to use : 

1. First : CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxxx
  2. Second : SETTINGSFILE=TeamViewer_Settings.tvopt

If I use each separtely it's working but i can't use both to add logo AND custom parameters.

Is it possible to combine 2 methods ?

Thanks for help

Best Regards,

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Zuchini,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Yes, you can combine the deployment of your custom modules with the setting you have in the .tvopt file.

We explain how to proceed in this Knowledge Base articles right here:

If you need individual support for the deployment, feel free to contact our customer support: https://support.teamviewer.com/a/ 

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Zuchini
    Zuchini Posts: 4

Thanks for answer

This is my command :

msiexec /i TeamViewer_Host-idc[removedbymoderator].msi /qn SETTINGSFILE="TeamViewer_Settings.tvopt" CUSTOMCONFIGID=[removedbymoderator]

This is the result from the command all paremeters are OK but there is no LOGO juste a white space

TV_Issue.png

Thanks a lot for help

Best Regards

• JeanK

@Zuchini,

The reason why the logo is not displayed is that you enabled LAN connections only
    Therefore, the customisation cannot be applied, as your TeamViewer clients do not reach our servers.

The customization is granted though the TCP port 443. Could you check if you have open this port in your network? This might also cause the issue here.

You will find all the information about ports in our Knowledge Base article here: TCP Port 443 

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Zuchini

Thanks a lot It Works without LAN connections only.

But in my company for security we want to have LAN connetions ONLY.

So there is no way to use the customisation with LAN Connections only ?

Thanks a lot for Help

Best Regards

• JeanK

@Zuchini,

I am glad I could help you. ?

Unfortunately, no, there is no way of having the customization in LAN only mode.
    The customization works though the token which is linked to our master server and therefore, TeamViewer needs to connect via the Internet in this scenario.

However, when the LAN only mode is enabled, your TeamViewer client does not reach our server and cannot get the customization. ?

I thank you in advance for your understanding. 

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Zuchini

Okay Thanks a lot for your big help

Last questions :

There is way to enable LAN ONLY CONNECTION after deployment ?

GPO ? Registry Key ? Powershell ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

• JeanK

@Zuchini this works also via the .tvopt file. Therefore, you can export/import this setting via the .tvopt file and add it to your deployment. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• ITSUP_OBS
    ITSUP_OBS Posts: 1

Hello, I'm having the same issue, when deploying the settingsfile is not working, I'm using the same command line as @Zuchini , can somebody help me, I've already opened a ticket with Teamviewer Support but they still haven't helped me.

Thx