Microphone Block Access

Options
Carlp
Carlp Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello everyone, I posted this as feedback/question to TeamViewer today, so will also update this post once they have had time to respond.

Since updating to Win10 (from Win7), it seems TV now permanently binds to my microphone.
Previously it was possible to block access to the mic.
This is a serious security flaw, we most certainly do not want to be broadcasting internal office ambient or nearby verbal discussions to the remote computers we connect to. In many cases we are simply monitoring remote systems for some hours at a time, and our office conversations, phone calls etc, will be with other customers and confidential.

I looked through all the online resources, I see a lot of long standing questions about this, but no definitive answer.

My current workaround is disable desktop apps from accessing the mic, but that also breaks other things like skype, (a blessing in disguise these days :-)
My backup plan would be to install a fake/dummy mic, and link TV to use that, but surely there is an easier way, (like the disable audio checkbox we used to have in TV).

If anyone has a more elegant solution to this, myself and others would appriciate hearing from you.

Cheers

Carl

Tagged:

Comments

• Googs
    Googs Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Win 10 Pro 1909

Teamviewer build : 15.4.4445

Still no way to disable the microphone from being aquired. I can diable Desktop apps from accessing the microphone but this means other platforms that i do want to have access to my microphone will also be disabled. Pointless.

I see there is a mute speakers checkbox but no such checkbox for muting the microphone...?

I also note Teamviewer has complete access to the microphone even when no remote sessions are in place. Why?