Miss-placed update reminder and popup with no context information part

TheJesper
TheJesper Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, In Windows 10 there is a small problem. This keeps popping up and the popup does not define the context. Expected behaviour would be for it to mention "Would you like to disable update reminders in the future?" or similar. However, even though clicking down thoose they keep popping up now and then. Maybe it's a temporary problem : )

version: 13.2.26558 - sep 10 2018

tv-1.pngtv-2.pngtv-3.gif

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @TheJesper

Thanks for your feedback and the nice gif :-)

What happens when you click Disable instead of Cancel?

Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi! As additional information the "lonely" notification shows up on itself only when starting Windows fresh. Later on it sticks to the app when (and if) opening it - correctly positioned. The "disable" button removes the previous notification. So it is possible to disable it, however it's a bit out of context when the app is not showing, so the user might not understand what he or she is about to disable. 

Thanks for the quick response! This is not a problem for me, just wanted to inform about the issue in your otherwise flawless application.  ???

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @TheJesper

Thanks a lot!

I will forward it to our devs to let them know that there is something we need to fix :-) Such feedback is always more than welcome as it helps us to make our software better!

As a sidenote: Did you alredy give TeamViewer 14 a try? I mean - we tried hard to make you aware of the update ;-)

Thanks again and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Now I have! Looks nice! Thanks once again/Jesper