Mouse Clicks Not Working

Hi folks,

Using TeamViewer 12 I am finding that once I have connected to a remote system (on the LAN or outside) I do not have left/right click functionality with my mouse (though I can move the cursor) and my connection seems to prevent the remote user from clicking too (they can move the cursor though)

Have uninstalled/reinstalled with no change so looking for suggestions on what could be causing this please.  My colleagues can connect to the same remote machines without any problems at all.

Thanks in advance,

Miles

Comments

• I experience the similar issue. Mouse clicks work for a while after connection established then stop working. Holding Alt and pressing Tab a few times makes them work again (for a while). Except DrWeb - I can call it by clicking on the tray icon but can't do anything there. Both computers are running v12.0.83369. My computer is runnning Windows 8.1 x64, the remote computer is running Windows 7 x64.

• Unfortunately, disable remote imput option didn't resolve this issue for us. Any other idea?

• My machine is not restarted very often and I found that after a reboot the problem is no longer presenting.  Bit of a cop out to say turn it off and on again (and not doubt others have already done this) but worked for me - no problems since

• Thanks, I'm rushing to pack and catch a flight... I was growing hair inbetween my toes.  That fixed it.

• I had this problem with TeamViewer 13, and I discovered that it was caused by an USB mouse connected to the target computer. Once I removed the mouse from the USB port, mouse clicks, and overall mouse responsiveness greatly improved.

• JCB
    JCB Posts: 1

Worked for me!

Thanks

• MRoether_109
    MRoether_109 Posts: 1

Removing the USB mouse on the remote computer is not an option for me. Any other solutions other than a reboot?  A reboot does fix the problem but only for a limited number of connections.  I also am using Version 13 with the latest updates on both local and remote.

• yangao07
    yangao07 Posts: 1

Press "Alt" whenever you cannot click the mouse.

This works for me.

• nguuca
    nguuca Posts: 1

i can't do anything, event action -> reboot

• vanowm
    vanowm Posts: 1

In my case the problem is InputDirector (a program that allows control seamlessly multiple computers with one keyboard and mouse). Synergy, similar program, also causing same issue.

When during remote session cursor reaches left side of the screen InputDirector moves cursor to "slave" computer, but TeamViewer is not aware of that, it shows cursor as if never left the screen, so any clicks and keyboard presses are actually being routed to the "slave" computer instead.

• This problem was fixed for me while accessing a Mac from my Windows Surface Book by:

Going to Teamviewer on the Host -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Advance settings for connections.. -> Check 'Full access control. when a partner is connecting to the login window'

Also just to be sure add you Teamviewer account to the whitelist in the Security Tab -> Configure

• This began happening to me right after I started receiveing popup messages about TeamViewer suspecting that I'm using their app for commercial purposes. This odd as I've used TeamViewer for many years to control computers and VMs running out of my home. The suggested fixes in this thread have not worked. **Third Party Product**, here I come!

• Found the fix. The problem came after upgrading to Mojave. You just need to update TeamViewer desktop permissions in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > 'Allow the apps below to control your computer' > Check 'TeamViewer_Desktop' > Done.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-control-a-Mac-running-macOS-10-14-Mojave/ta-p/44699

• Brett_C
    Brett_C Posts: 1
    AWESOME .. this fixed it, thanks!
  • Thanx God for bringing me here! You saved my life euugenn :)
  • "Security Tab->Configure" did the trick! Thanks for pointing out the solution for this long-time annoyance.
  • Mause not functioning because of interference with the mause on a remote PC. In windows 10 press the Win key and type "device maneger". Go to mice and other pointing devices and disable mause on remote PC. Congrets! your problem solved. 

• Not sure if this helps anyone but if you are having this issue, it may be OSX side of the house.

• System Preferences
    • Mouse
    • Secondary Click - RIGHT SIDE. - Should be ENABLED

On the MAGIC MOUSE I have, now click the right side of the mouse will bring up a PC Right Mouse Click.

• mrfix
    mrfix Posts: 2
    This did it for me. My host computer has a mouse that constantly is "moving" even when it's not being touched. I'll have to fix that at some point, but for now this was exactly what I needed. THANKS!
  • Finally!  Someone posted an answer that actually worked in my situation.  Thanks!  I was about to bail on TeamViewer because I couldn't control my main computer from my laptop while on trips.  I could sign in, but I couldn't click on anything on my main comptuer desktop.  Your solution was perfect.  Thanks again!

• jaimemz
    jaimemz Posts: 1

solve this problem, removing teamviewer from the comuter startup in mac. Hope it works for u

• pimplak
    pimplak Posts: 1

Try to disable any software which can do changes in your windows.

For me, I disabled VEER and it helped straightforward :)

• Work for me !! Thanks

@euugenn wrote:

Found the fix. The problem came after upgrading to Mojave. You just need to update TeamViewer desktop permissions in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > 'Allow the apps below to control your computer' > Check 'TeamViewer_Desktop' > Done.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-control-a-Mac-running-macOS-10-14-Mojave/ta-p/44699

a lot !

• Merche
    Merche Posts: 1

It works, Thanks

• This has been happening to me on and off for a while now (at least five months) and it's starting to affect my work, since I need to access to my other computer/location daily.  

This is starting to affect my work and I believe the developer is responsible to either post a solution or patch in the next update (they are frequent enough already).

I did not pay for this [very useful] application to have it not work as advertised when I rely on it the most.  My work should not suffer because of a developer's failure to address an issue that MULTIPLE users have REPEATEDLY reported over a LONG period of time.

• thanx that worked! Seems restart solves allot of issues!!!

• HerbertV
    HerbertV Posts: 1

Try to disable the mouse on the partners computer. here it worked. I went to the device manager and disabled the mouse, ready to go.

• I have a similar problem with teamviewer 15, windows 10 to macOS mojave - after a while mouse will only do right clicks, even when I try to left click. Alt-tab fixes for a while (thanks @GCRaistlin !) - did you ever find another fix?

• thanks a lot .. it was works