Posted by bd2acaeb
Digon

Mouse problems since last update to TV ver 12.085060 Preview

As titled, I now have SEVERE Mouse problems since last update to TeamViewer ver 12.085060 Preview a few days ago.

Double , and evern Triple Clicks are being done now instead of SINGLE mouse cliks, casuing LOTS OF PROBLEMS wehen trying to  do ANYTHING on my 2 main computers.

Have tried solving the problem on affected PC's by disabling TeamViewer in services.msc/startup but problems continue w/TeamViewer disabled/not running. 

TeamViewer is set up to allow access to the Login Screen/Admin Privliges at boot.

1) Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 2  w/all security updates.

2) Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 w/all security updates.

Problem does not exist on my 3rd Win 7 pc that does not have TeamViewer installed. 

2 Replies
Posted by Raven
Trigon

Re: Mouse problems since last update to TV ver 12.085060 Preview

Is it worth checking to see whether any configuration changes have been made to the remote terminal during one of the previous sessions ?  I know some users at our office, for example, have changed their mouse click settings so that a single click functions as a double-click, and I have never encountered TeamViewer itself doing this.

Please note I'm not saying it couldn't happen - just that I can't think of anything else to suggest from *personal* experience, so I'd check control panel > mouse > change mouse click settings and see what options you have in there (which, predictably, will vary with the operating system you're using) =]

Hope that helps, even if just a bit ...

- Raven
Highlighted
Posted by bd2acaeb
Digon

Re: Mouse problems since last update to TV ver 12.085060 Preview

CONFIRMED  NOTHING has canged on mouse settings.